Leaves fallin' during flowerin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbong

up in smoke
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I am currently about 3 weeks into flowering 6 plants under 6 2 foot fluorescent tubes. On one perticular plant the bottom leaves are turning yellow and starting to fall off, 3 leaves have done this so far, one at a time. I originaly thought that it was a possible lighting problem but the plant is tied down and the leaves are getting alot of light, more than alot of other leaves that have not turned yellow. HELP.

thanks
bong

Jbong said:
Hey everybody, I am currently about 3 weeks into flowering 6 plants under 6 2 foot fluorescent tubes. On one perticular plant the bottom leaves are turning yellow and starting to fall off, 3 leaves have done this so far, one at a time. I originaly thought that it was a possible lighting problem but the plant is tied down and the leaves are getting alot of light, more than alot of other leaves that have not turned yellow. HELP.

The flo's have very poor light penetration. Anything beyond about 6 inches isn't even seen much by the plant. That's another reason HPS are preferred for flowering.

You could add lots of supplemental inside lighting to the plant to make the lower leaves grow better, but it wouldn't have much effect on your harvest weight.

Next time, try HPS. You'll love the increase in harvest weight.

Im about three weeks into bud and having the same problem, but im using 1000w HPS and a 1000w MH for a 90 square fooot room with seven six foot plants. Im also adding four 400w hps this weekend... Is this still not enough light untill i get the 400s?

retlawb420 said:
Im about three weeks into bud and having the same problem, but im using 1000w HPS and a 1000w MH for a 90 square fooot room with seven six foot plants. Im also adding four 400w hps this weekend... Is this still not enough light untill i get the 400s?

It's really very easy to calculate.

3,000 lumens per/sq ft MINIMUM

5,000 preferred.

How many do you have?

You may be loosing leaves due to the plant using up everything in the leaves and dropping them its very common during flowing in some strains. They will even do that outside in full sun. Slim

Latest posts

Back