Light Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTR420

Reaction score
Hey guyz, i have 4 plants that were put in a month an a half ago, and im using 2 CFLS, i was gonna get a 250w HPS for flower, but ran into $ problems. So they are on 12-12 now with those. Is there something else i can use? I see a lot about MH, would these be @ lowes and would they work decent. Thanks 4 any help, just tryin 2 get a decent yeild.

if you've got a Lowe's, you've got a Home Depot.... check their websites under the security/flood lighting section.... you'll find MH, HPS, and Flouro.... i use 3 of these for vegging with no problems....

hxxp://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Security-Flood-Lighting/h_d1/N-5yc1vZaqp5Z5z8gm/R-100010739/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

thanx man, ive already been to lowes, they dont have HPS, i wish it was that simple. but ill try home depot. thnx again

So i found that home depot has HPS bulbs 4 cheap,but i hopefully can find a unit 2 put it in. This electronic ballast that I see with packages online, what exactly is a ballast? If i got a bulb and a unit would i need this with my light? thnx 4 help, just tryin 2 figure stuff out.

UTR420 said:
This electronic ballast that I see with packages online, what exactly is a ballast? If i got a bulb and a unit would i need this with my light? thnx 4 help, just tryin 2 figure stuff out.

The ballast is a transformer that makes the bulb work, yes you need it.

"The unit" or fixture should contain the ballast. look for security lights.

Don't just buy a bulb and then try to find a ballast. etc to make it work. You want a high pressure sodium (HPS) for flowering. I would encourage you to check Craig's list and E-bay for used lighting. It can go really cheap. Also the lower wattage security lights which may be found at yard sales or thrift store work and can be made into some cool custom units. Just make sure that you are buying HPS and not halogen or mercury vapor.

How much space are we talking here? That determines how much light you need.

I see, thank you 4 clarifying. its in a room, but the grow area is probably 2X2, may b a little smaller once i get out the males. Everything i find online is expensive as hell, but ill keep lookin

Latest posts

Back