Light Problum...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czz

Reaction score
Ok My Mj Is In Its Second Week Of Flowering Its Strain Is Juicy Fruit, I Have A Hps/mh Conversion I Just Went To Shut The Hps Light Off To Take A Pic.. As With It On The Camera Does Not Work. Well When I Went To Turn It Back On All It Did Was Make A Buzzing Noise. An The Bulb Was Already Cold To The Touch I Think It Might Have Blown!!!! So I Just Put The Mh One Back In Will This Still Grow The Plant? Or Is It Going To Veg Or Possibley Die!!! Need Some Advice Fast Thanks

treee.JPG

MH will flower the herb just fine ;)

Reactions: czz
If the MH burns, then try the conversion bulb again after everything has cooled just to be sure.

ok i'll try the hps again tomorrow, just to make sure. Are all hps bulbs the same or witch ones are better?

i just tried the hps agian.. its gone... so im using the mh 400w will this finish the flowering for me. I would think the plant needs about 3 more weeks. looking at it i see all bunches of white hairs, what happens after this stage of hairs?? thanks

i dont think the light is your problem.
I think your spelling of "problum" is the problem.

mh doesnt provide the proper light spectrum, need a hps if you want good results.

to answer your question... yes, you can use the MH to finish off the lady... however, the results will not be as good as if you used an hps. it will work just fine, non-the-less.

how about starting very BASIC...

LOOK at the filament in the HPS bulb and see if it's still connected??

Take the HPS bulb and gently shake it, does it rattle??

If the filament is blown, it will not be connected, if it looks burned, it's probably fried. If you hear something rattling or rolling around when you shake it, something might have blown (a solder) inside the bulb.

You can flower technically with any light that will grow a plant, however, you will suffer in yield if it is not the right spectrum.

mendo local said:
mh doesnt provide the proper light spectrum, need a hps if you want good results.
Dude an MH will flower a plant just fine...with decent yeild ;)
HPS is better but MH will work just fine. ;)

growth likes blue light...

flower likes red light....

mh gives blue light...

hps gives red light.....

there is still red in mh and there is blue in hps, but the whole idea of using those bulbs it that they are dominantly the wanted spectrum....

so your getting the light you need, just not as much of it as you are paying for...

get a new bulb.

czz said:
ok i'll try the hps again tomorrow, just to make sure. Are all hps bulbs the same or witch ones are better?
You can go and get yourself a HPS bulb anywhere and you can use your MH you will be just fine.I got plants that are under my HPS and I got some under my MH that are in flower,They are in week two.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Latest posts

Back