Lighting During Flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffsta

Reaction score
I have a question about keeping a 200 watt CFL on with my two 400 watt HPS lights. Does having the CFL light running at the same time as the HPS have any effect on the buds? Would it be better to just use the HPS lights during flowering? I am into my fourth week of flowering and just thought about it.
I was thinking the CFL would keep the plant growing and taking away energy for big buds.
My first grow.

TIA

just keep it up whats it going to hurt!!! it wouldnt have that much of an effect.

It won't keep it vegging if that's what you mean, blue spectrum lighting is not really required during flower, although there is evidence it can assist toward the end of the cycle.

In my opinion it's a waste of power.

Hello,
You could position your CFL lower in your canopy to help the smaller buds get more light. I use a T5, 6 bulb, 4 ft fixture with red spectrum bloom lamps for a side light source in my 1K hps flowering closet and the difference in how lit up my canopy is with and without the lower fluoros is huge.

Happy Growing!:cool:

An hps is sufficient without a cfl. Its just a waste of electric during flower.

Latest posts

Back