Lighting help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Alright my box is 24 inches by 14 inches and i have 2 clf lights puting out about 3500 lumes and another cool white light puting out 850 lumes think that will be enough light or do you think i should put another light in the box?

you know , to exaly with the book you would have little over 6000lumes in that box, but that will work also only little slower :)

add another one like the one that you use what is it ?? 26 watt 1750 lumess??

Hey there

:p Im using cfls too. How many plants are you going to grow? Im using 5 bulbs same size as yours and he is right they will grow slower. But I think the lights are working enough mine are growing. The plants will stay shorter though because thease bulbs dont put off much heat. Ther are 10 plants in my closet its plenty bright enough. My plants grow about a 1/2 inch per day.

Later:cool:

i have 6 plants in it right now and yeah they grow a little slower but
hey its faster then outdoors well i just wanted to know if i would need
more light and when i switch it over to flowering how long should the
hours I keep the loghts on be like 8 light 16 dark?????

It should work maybe get one more in there. You will want to switch to 12/12 when you flower. I went 14/10 for the first week then to 12/12 but you can do whatever. Everybody has their own opinion.

Later:cool:

My Name Is Drills And Im Trying To Grow A Couple Of Plants (18 To Be Exact) In My House And I Really Really Need To Know What Will Floursent Lighting Do For My Plants. I Have 2 40w Bulbs About 4 Feet Long Hovering Over My Babies Around 2 Inches For 18 Hours A Day On And 6 Off. Will My Bud Be Crappy Smoke When They Are All Finished??? I Know That Hps And Mh Lights Are The Best But I Live In Rural Cananda A Little Place Called Newfoundland Where The Wheather Aint Very Good For Growing Outdoors. And I Cant Buy Any Kind Of Lighting Like That Around Here. Well No Stores Sell It.
Please Help Get An Answer. Because I Just Hope That My Bud Will Be Good Even Under Floursent Lights. Oh I Have Awesome Seeds From A Bc Seed Company.
I Have Bc Mango...white Widow....bc Big Bud....and Lasqueti Gold.
Please Write Back And Give Me Some Info.

Thanks,

Drills

you can use those lights for veg stage but not for flowering
you need 2 is much lumes then for veg. stage plus u need diferent spectrum (blue)

you would need a lot of this bulbs man i mean a lot you got 2 now get another 15 and you will have some caind of bud :)

thanx brouli!!
i just bought 4 more lights today. my babies are still only 1 1/2 weeks old yet...so i wont need 15 or so for a while, right?
and what type of blue light do you mean?? is it just a regular blue bulb?? or something different?? please tell.

thanx again.

hahah i dont mean lue light its a blue spectrum

its a color temperature in Kelvins for veg stage should be use diferent then for flowering that is if you wont biger yeild ?? :)
on every box of light bulb there is a temp 2700K or 6500K those are to best ones out there

Color_temp2.png

Latest posts

Back