Lighting question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devin420

normal?
Reaction score
Im back with another question.

My room is 5' tall by 3½ wide and 3½ deep.

I have a dome thing around the light now and a 100 watt halogen floodlight that puts off 1400 lumens.
But also a 150 watt bulb that buts off 2750 lumens. but its a household bulb.(basicly the same from b4)
Which one should i use?

I also have white paper on all the walls now. Its all i could get ahold of.

Please give me feed back and help me out.
Thanks

halogens the wrong kind of bulb my friend. go to home depot or somethin and see if they got a high wattage cfl to put in your dome. youd get more usable light and you could drop it right on top of them without worry of heat.

or..

get a HID and be done with it. look in the lighting stickies. shoot for 1500-2000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. and 2500-3000 for flower

yeah halogens produce heat above all else. scrap it. it will be worse than nothing considering all it will do is run up your power bill albeit growing a weak plant that won't produce anything smokeable.

devin420 said:
Im back with another question.

My room is 5' tall by 3½ wide and 3½ deep.

I have a dome thing around the light now and a 100 watt halogen floodlight that puts off 1400 lumens.
But also a 150 watt bulb that buts off 2750 lumens. but its a household bulb.(basicly the same from b4)
Which one should i use?

I also have white paper on all the walls now. Its all i could get ahold of.

Please give me feed back and help me out.
Thanks

You really need to do some research and reading. Neither one of these lights will work. Lights need to be the correct spectrum to grow. Flat white paint will give you a better reflective surface than white paper, which is also dangerous as it is flammable.

Start at the Resource section and do some reading...you have a lot to learn. There is far more to this than just sticking a light in a closet. To adequately set up a grow in a closet that size, plan on spending a minimum of $500--and that is only if you are handy and can DIY a bunch of stuff.

IMO a 400 watt MH or HPS would work just fine but getting a light that can run both MH and HPS would be better

Latest posts

Back