Lights in vegetation phase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgolu24

Reaction score
I could'n find any where what a wattage and lumens should be used in vegetation phase of the marijuana. All i know that MH or fluro light are good for vegetation phase. thanks

oh, it was written only Veg so i just passed on :).

anyway i found out, and it says about 25-30W of cfl lights on a square foot. Now if i have pots that are 9x9cm that makes 81cm2, and if i have 20 pots that makes 1620cm2. 1 square foot is 900cm2, and 1620/900=1.8, that means that i need about 2x27W cfl lights. I'll probably add 3x27W because man can never have enough, or is it difrent?

Would 10cm be enough from the plant and the lights in the vegetation phase of course.

mgolu24 said:
Would 10cm be enough from the plant and the lights in the vegetation phase of course.

With CFL's you can get your light about 5 cm from the top of the plant.

You may want to see about getting a HPS light. You can grow for both vegetative and flowering cycles by using an HPS.

The amount of light, type of light and lumens per/watt of electricity is much better than CFL's.

Yea i know that... but getting a HPS light it's just to mutch for me now. They are to expensive for me, and in my country. The cheapest ballast for MH is 325$ and thats ballast only, after that i tought it's worthles to search the price for a HPS light. So i will use CFL's trought the veg. and the flowering phase. ANd since i'm a litle short on height in my gorwing room i would need CFL's because they can be placed closer to the plant as the HPS.

Dang what island do you live on?!

lol, :D, i live in Croatia if you know where that is....

yeah i know where that is i have some good friends from there. y'all have some of the best curse words.

HAHAHAHAHA, it's not really a thing to be proud at :D, but yea, we swear a lot :angrywife:, and have many curse words

Latest posts

Back