Like walking on glass...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali*Style

Aint trippin...
Reaction score
What a shame too... This place was so much fun when I joined, lots of cool and funny people. There was more than enough knowledge to go around, there was almost a feeling of family around here.

Now unfortunately, NOT SO MUCH. What's it about anyways, not everyone wants to be part of the "cool kid click". But at the first sign of a new or different opinion, the teeth come out. Pretty weak as a whole people, that is similar to how high school kids behave.

Anyways, I hope someone actually reads this, hell... Maybe someone will even take it for what it's meant to be. Not that I care one way or another, I am simply calling it as I see it. But it will suck for sure when this place earns a negative rep, like some of the other forums out there. You have all seen them too, the forums with like 3-4 active members... ANYWAYS, HAVE FUN WITH THAT.

I wish you all the best, but respectfully... I think it's time to move on.;)

dang cali, that's too bad...

i just came back after a LONG break, and i'll admit that I've seen what you're talking about. useful posts that turn into flame wars, and even the MODS can't say that they've stayed out of it. i can specifically name two threads where i've seen this, but i digress.

you know there is the BHC and TGC and VHC. i nominate you for president of the CKC. :48:

Why is it a must to do a good bye thread negatively. This forum is respected for the information and friendliness of people here.

We are all friendly to new comers but we will comment if incorrect information is being given or we have information to prove otherwise. Some people do not like it when they are contradicted and get angry.

At the end of the day would you like this forum to be known as a friendly place giving information that is not backed up with any information (Myths) or a friendly forum that will stand by information that can be proven?

I hope you return if this is a good bye but from a different perspective i do not see any wrong doing in asking a member to provide information about a comment if they insist it is right. If they get angry then there is not much anyone can do about it.

Stay safe and keep Growing Green.

(dont take anything i have said here personally its just my opinion.)

It's been a strange start of the year for sure this go around and in some part caused by the disruption of the site going down. All-in-all, I still think this is the best mmj site going and do not see that changing any time soon. There are always going to be bumps in the road with noobs and all but things smooth out eventually. This is usually the slo time of the season, from what I have heard, and the regs will be back in force as soon as growing conditions start heating up. Hang in there because I believe we are in for another great ride again this season.

its gettin crazy around here!!!!

what is everyone wanting anyway? when a member sees bad info they should say something even if it makes someone mad. we shouldn't be pattin ppl on the back for giving bad info. we shouldn't blow smoke up someones butt if their plants look like hell. tell it like it is because as far as i know the rules say 18 or older. meaning we're all adults and should be able to handle the truth.

As far as the cool kids thing goes. it's like that everywhere you do and it's not the cool kids its the members who take the time to talk to each other over time thru pm's or whatever. if you've only been here for a few months or have only posted 100 times in 5 years then you shouldn't expect to be part of the tight group of ppl that are regulars on any forum. i've been coming here for years and have post a few times.

it seems to me that ppl come here thinking they are bigger than life and are realizing they're not as great as they thought..

this isn't pointed at you Cali, its just my rant in your thread.. sorry if it seems that way i don't organize my thoughts very well so it all just comes out sounding crazy sometime.

:48:

All valid points, and I am not saying I agree or disagree with anyone. But... All though I agree 100% about nipping bad info in the butt, I think it can be handled far better. And the swarm mentality is totally unnecessary. It becomes obvious fairly quickly who is blowing smoke, and who is not. I don't personally feel like antagonizing people who share different opinions, is the way to handle "anything" though. If they are obviously full of poo, then ignore them... Or better yet, correct the bad info, then ignore them. It may piss off the one person who was corrected, but it wont paint such a gnarly picture of hostility. PERIOD

There are some brilliant minds here concerning marijuana... That's not my debate though, it's in the way that knowledge is passed around. When we forget how to communicate with one another, we place ourselves at the same level as the animals. :doh:

P.S... When the longtime members and worse yet mods, are involved in these actions... That's shameless, like crooked cops. Those are the people who should be raising the bar, and setting the absolute highest standards. Because, "cool kid click refferance" Those are the people that everyone else watches and emulates.

That can be taken how ever too... STRAIGHT UP!

Excuse me for saying this but not all potheads are great people. Immature people that think that the way they do things are best without taking the time to read what the truth is. I'm sure Mods get tired of posting the same info over and over to try to make sure everyone gets the CORRECT info, and in doing so come off as combative and end up provoking ignorant people. I've been contradicted by mods because my post was not the BEST way and every time I take the time to understand what they are saying and leave it at that. Maybe 18 isnt old enough for some to start listening an realizing that there are people that know more than them, then again I know people in there 40s that act the same way.:argue:
I like it here and think theres always gonna be some disagreements but the good info always comes out in the end. Now go grow some weed so we can get high!!:48:

Jericho said:
Why is it a must to do a good bye thread negatively. This forum is respected for the information and friendliness of people here.

i feel the same..

heck i left last year for the EXACT same reason cali is just noticing now. without any big goodbye thread (cause i knew i'd probably be back :D)

the place has been kinda cliquey for quite a while m8.. i actually thought it's been a lot less so now.

i dunno man, i've not seen anything lately warranting this thread (apart from one new unnamed member) still seems a helpful mainly happy forum to me.

Cali*Style said:
@ Benamucc :sharetoke:

All valid points, and I am not saying I agree or disagree with anyone. But... All though I agree 100% about nipping bad info in the butt, I think it can be handled far better. And the swarm mentality is totally unnecessary. It becomes obvious fairly quickly who is blowing smoke, and who is not. I don't personally feel like antagonizing people who share different opinions, is the way to handle anything though. If they are obviously full of poo, then ignore them... Or better yet, correct the bad info, then ignore them. It may piss off the one person who was corrected, but it wont paint such a gnarly picture of hostility. PERIOD

There are some brilliant minds here concerning marijuana... That's not my debate though, it's in the way that knowledge is passed around.

I think the people that have been here for years and have responded to hundreds or thousands of posts get to the point where they answer fast and remove all flowery language from their responses because they have answered the same questions so many times. For example a thread appears in "Lights" from someone that just signed up, all the question says is, "Can I hook up a 600HPS to a 400watt ballast?"
-Now someone that has never answered this question before but knows the answer might actually respond with something like, "In my opinion you could seriously harm yourself or your equipment doing that. A 400watt light needs a 400 watt ballast to work correctly. I hope this helps".
-Now, someone that has been on this forum for years and seen that question 200 times might respond something like, "Absolutely not. This is a newbie quesiton. Start with reading the sticky's and forums". It isn't that they are trying to be rude, they are just frustrated with the same thing coming up over and over.
Regardless, if I see a thread that is going crazy with an argument and I feel that I have something to contribute to the person that started the thread, I will just pm the person that started the thread though I have only done this twice. People will argue, people will be banned. When I look at a thread more than a year old chances are that I will see someone that contributed to that thread that has since been banned. It happens. But I know I am not going to get into an argument here with someone just trying to help others and learn for myself. Some people refuse to admit they are not as well schooled in things as others. There was a thread recently about the same soil I use and I thought I could be a big help, but Wetdog came along and disagreed with me and demonstrated he knew a lot more about the subject. My response was to say "Obviously Wetdog knows a lot more about this than I do. I bow out to his superior knowledge". He didn't come into the thread and call me an idiot. He didn't say that I was wrong. He said that he disagreed with me and then explained exactly why.
Anyway, I am stoned and rambling at this point. I guess what I am trying to say is that the majority of disagreements and agruments here don't blow up because of what people are saying, but how they are saying it. It's mostly an issue of semantics.

-SSF-

As a newcomer, I'll give my perspective on this. I may be new here but I'm a veteran of several forums on several different topics. I can say that this is the most laid back of any forums I visit.

Personally, I like to see someone challenged on their advice. It's up to me to read both sides of the argument and make up my mind about what to do. Currently, there's a debate running about CFLs vs HPS. That same discussion two months ago helped me decide what to purchase.

You know i've only been back from my time off for a month or so but i've gotta say i've seen just about as many Im leaving Threads and this sucks as i have sick plant problems or growing questions. To me thats whats bringing this forum down not the members gettin worked up over disagreements. if someone don't like it here then find another place to hangout and read. it's not like this is the only site on the www.

so your not part of a clique, find others who aren't a part of and start a new one. so ppl argue in threads over the way to do things. if you don't like it don't read the thread. if you don't like someone ignore them. we're not children and we're not all gonna get along. thats just how life is. deal with it or move on simple as that

Well, if nothing else... Hopefully this brings this topic out in the open enough, that people will at least think about it for a couple a days. This is a great place, I have never bashed MarP or this forum. I like it here, that is part of why I am concerned. Unfortunately, if we aren't proactive in keeping our forums clean and happy... Then all that useful information will just sit lost, in large lists of useless drivel.

Anyways, like bad information... Maybe this should be nipped in the butt? I have an insane amount of stuff to get done today, so I will be gracefully sneaking over to my nursery for a spell.

Just keep this in mind... The best thing about us as a whole, is we can "for the most part" believe what ever the hell we want to.

Opinions are like yards filled with dog poo, they are everywhere and some stink worse than others. :48:

After the crash I went floating around to other sites, just like all of us did, and I was amazed at the nastiness. Every other word of a post cursing. Children pretending to be farmers and giving out really bad advice, veteran growers messing with newbies on purpose, it's the worse out there.

I have noticed an overall change in tone here, and I think it's just because the actual format of the site has changed and it's a little harder to be as interactive with each other as we use to be.

This place became my first "weed home" after my best growing buddy died, and I will never abandon it. I've made the most amazing friends here, intelligent, thoughtful, considerate people. Unbelievably skilled growers and breeders. I'd been doing things the same way for a long time, but seeing what people here were doing opened my eyes to new and wonderful possibilities and has made me stop saying, "that's the way I've always done it," and put me in the mindset of, "hey, I think that would work for me, I'm gonna try it."

Don't give up on this place to quickly. Reach out to people who share your ideas on growing and make friends with them.

I thought I responded to this but I guess I didn't.
Cali, I understand a hint of what you are saying about the clicks. I thought the click left after the crash. I haven't noticed anything since then.
Sometimes people are very direct for the reasons mentioned above.
This place is my home and this place has taught me how to grow some awesome pot, and that's what we are here for. Good buddies are a bonus. Hang around and see.

Anyone wanna name a specific thread, because if your refering to Biggerbudz aka iamgod then you should read the thread again, actually dont bother as his most offensive language has been deleted.

some people blow themselves up, and he certainly did, i hope i am not suppose to feel sorry for people like this because i dont.

Melvan2 said:
After the crash I went floating around to other sites, just like all of us did, and I was amazed at the nastiness. Every other word of a post cursing. Children pretending to be farmers and giving out really bad advice, veteran growers messing with newbies on purpose, it's the worse out there.

I have noticed an overall change in tone here, and I think it's just because the actual format of the site has changed and it's a little harder to be as interactive with each other as we use to be.

+1 on all that. Especially the REALLY bad advice that was spread as gospel.

Yeah, the tone has changed for the moment. First the site melted down, then some of the members melted down and now (I think), we're in recovery. It seems like it, things aren't quite as 'stiff' as they have been.

I think I mentioned that it felt like my shop after we had been targeted by arson. We got up and running, but it was close to a year before things felt even remotely 'normal' or whether the company would even survive the attack.

This feels like the same situation. I think we'll get beyond it.

LOL There are a few things I disagree with Melvan on, but never mention. Why? Simply because it's just a different technique than my own, not wrong. Hers work, mine work, just a different path to the same point. Some of these other forums, bitter arguments would break out over just a difference in growing styles and neither was wrong. Amazing, and sad.

We'll get back, have faith.

Wet

Im frustrated as hell that so much info was lost, that the forum is a different style, that there is no "thanks, i agree" button lol, but its not really a laughing matter. A lot was lost, and it will be a shame to lose more, but this is how it goes. This is the way of the internet. After all the **...Im still here arent I. This place may have changed but its still the best marijuana forum out there.

Latest posts

Back