Long Maturation Period.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
My plant is on its like 13th-14th week of flowering under a 400hps in a 3 X 3 X 9 ft area. It has been lst'ed and is in soil. The fan leaves are still naturally yellowing steadily.

The only stress this plant suffered was a necessary transplant at week 5. I watered thoroughly with root hormone afterward. Now the buds are tipping and I had to prop up the main cola. The trichomes are mostly cloudy. I have been waiting for some amber forever.

I have quick dried some samples and was satisfied with it, but require more of that stoney medicated feeling for my lower back.

Should I wait any longer? Stress out my plant some more to coax more resin production and then cut down in about 4 to 5 days?

If you arent out of weed I would give it a bit longer. Could be two days could be two weeks.

Sounds like your in that transition right before they turn. Like 2dog said if you can wait do it. Keep an eye out fer that quick i'm doooone thing though. Merry c-mas and a happy new year!

omnigr33n said:
My plant is on its like 13th-14th week of flowering under a 400hps in a 3 X 3 X 9 ft area. It has been lst'ed and is in soil. The fan leaves are still naturally yellowing steadily.

The only stress this plant suffered was a necessary transplant at week 5. I watered thoroughly with root hormone afterward. Now the buds are tipping and I had to prop up the main cola. The trichomes are mostly cloudy. I have been waiting for some amber forever.

I have quick dried some samples and was satisfied with it, but require more of that stoney medicated feeling for my lower back.

Should I wait any longer? Stress out my plant some more to coax more resin production and then cut down in about 4 to 5 days?

What strain are you growing? How long is it supposed to take? How are you checking the trichs?

IMO, there is no way to "coax more resin production" out of a plant by stressing it.

if its been flowrin for 13-14 weeks then IMO your dealin wit a sativa dominant plant. hence you may not get that true stoney feelin you might get form a good indica.
my 1 sativa i been revegging she isnt stoney at all. shes very very cerebral and i love her :hubba:

zipflip said:
if its been flowrin for 13-14 weeks then IMO your dealin wit a sativa dominant plant. hence you may not get that true stoney feelin you might get form a good indica.
my 1 sativa i been revegging she isnt stoney at all. shes very very cerebral and i love her :hubba:
:yeahthat:

I was thinking the same thing zip...14 weeks and not done flowering wld be a Sativa or a Sat/indica but hvy on the sat...you might be dealing with a Sativa that will never gve you that Stoney(indica) type feel...

idk if i'd be so quick to say that a sativa never be able to give ya a stoney buzz.
i've never personally grown any sativas other than teh frog i got LOL. but i do a grip of reading on sat's lately and it seems majorijy and most commonly a sat is knwosn for its intense cerebral high. but one could obtain that stoney feel dependant on harvest windows or sor something long them lines.
dont quote me on this tho.
i've even smoke a ton of shwag in my day all assuming it was mostoy satia from mexico or elsewhere. and i've gotten soem pretty stoney shwag before, assuming it was in fact sativa :confused2:

Oh ok.. well I bought the seeds from attitude and I believe they are a indica/sativa variety. It said it was suppose to have a maturation time of no more than 9-11 weeks. Skunk No. 1 & Hybrids. Its description is 'stabilized hybrid/f1 hybrid.' THC contect 10-20 %.

I have been checking the trichs with my radio shack magnifier. I feel like I am at a very important crossroad and do not want to go over the window.

I should wait another week or two? I am aware that some sativas don't show any amber so I am thinking a 15-16 week maturation is good enough? Kind of seems really long for me. Some of the fan leaves are still slowly yellowing naturally so I am thinking it is still maturing. Perhaps the 5 week transplant could have stunted this maturation period by several weeks?

You guys and girls have always been pretty helpful with your advice and I always do research first before I post usually lol. I take your advice into serious consideration.

Now if only you guys could convince my g/f to smoke as well lol. That would make this xmas even merrier!

Happy Holidays everyone.

do you have a picture? you could easily harvest some now and some in a another week... you have sampled it smaple again place a brokwn up nug under a lamp light to dry...I have grown a sativa hybrid bubblegum and it isnt stoney.

2Dog said:
do you have a picture? you could easily harvest some now and some in a another week... you have sampled it smaple again place a brokwn up nug under a lamp light to dry...I have grown a sativa hybrid bubblegum and it isnt stoney.

Unfortunately I do not have a picture, but in this case I don't think a picture is required. The plant itself looks fine.

I have sampled the plant from the lower parts with a lot of 'leg hair' nuggets ,so to speak. Now that you mention it I am very satisfied from just the quick dry. I placed the nuggets on the main air duct from my boiler on some aluminium. They dried pretty well. Anyway..

I am most likely going to take the plant down in 3-4 days. I will let the curing process do the rest for me.

Latest posts

Back