lookin for litlle advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortizzle

Reaction score
im startin out new, just tryin to get good ideas on how to recirculate the air in my basement and reduce smell. im pretty good at construction so any advice will help alot.....

My first design choice and preference to start my grow was the basement.
Had 2 great thoughts of handling the odor for me. 1 was piping it out into one of those big black drainage pipes with the holes all over. So the odor is sent out underground and be filtered through it into the woods.
Next was just sending it to the septic tank lol. Sure that would have covered it.

Welcome, There is some good easy idea's in the DIY section of the forum.

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place :ciao:

There are many fine resources here at MariP that should help with any challenges you may face while growing. Click here.

Are you smelling it in your house or are the neighbors smelling it? A lot of us here are really good at construction too--give us some intimate details of your space. Trust, the people here will figure it out for you.

Luck and peace.

First thing is decide how big the grow space will be.
Then take Length x Width x (Height x 1.8(I think 1.8-been a while)).
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The result will be the CFM's you will need for ventilation.
Then find a filter that is rated for the same CFM.

I do not have a filter yet but am working on it. I hear Active charcoal works good.

Gb

Do you have any attic access?

I think charcoal filters and using an ozone unit together will make your potrusion location obsolete, with keeping pencil heads philosophy in mind.

The trouble with trying to pump the smell into your septic tank is that the smell from your septic tank can and will come the other way and your grow room will smell like a septic tank--that is the reason that all plumbing fixtures have p-traps.

Latest posts

Back