looking 4 a camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

legalize_freedom

Allright all you photo junkies. My girlfriend worked some overtime so we have 160 bucks to blow on a digital camera. The thing is that neither on of us knows what to get. We were looking at meijers when I figured that we could probably get a better deal online. My question is can I get a decent camera for this price, that I will be able to get some close up budshots, and what not. If your running something in my price range or under, or know of something along these lines...then give me your suggestions. Or would we just be better off saveing this money and adding to it to get what we want. I'm not looking to become a Sub Cool, Q-man, or NVThis...but I would like to be able to show off my hard work, and post a sick plant or 2 if and when needed. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

legalize_freedom said:
Allright all you photo junkies. My girlfriend worked some overtime so we have 160 bucks to blow on a digital camera. The thing is that neither on of us knows what to get. We were looking at meijers when I figured that we could probably get a better deal online. My question is can I get a decent camera for this price, that I will be able to get some close up budshots, and what not. If your running something in my price range or under, or know of something along these lines...then give me your suggestions. Or would we just be better off saveing this money and adding to it to get what we want. I'm not looking to become a Sub Cool, Q-man, or NVThis...but I would like to be able to show off my hard work, and post a sick plant or 2 if and when needed. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

hey buddie, we got a $99 digital at wally world, takes better pic than the kids fancy cameras. 6.2 mega pixls, wide angle, telephoto, macro, for very close=up. anti shake thingy. works very well. memory card plugs into laptop, or ubc port/cord. our pics come out better than the others at family get togethers...kodak. movies too. $$

I just bought a 12mp samsung compact and this replaced my nikon d40x dslr and is superior in macro facility but tbh id go for a sony cybershot as all the close ups especially are top notch.

do a web reveiw of whats best digital camera for the money you can spend.

t4

legalize_freedom said:
I'm not looking to become a Sub Cool, Q-man, or NVThis...

Dude, you are much too generous. You put me with company I don't deserve:)

I say the web search is a good idea. Best thing to do is to take a week or so and compare what is available for your price range with what you want it to do. Camera store folk would probably be a good bet as well (i.e. I wouldn't waste my time getting advice from the zit faced kid behind the counter at Walmart. It's ok to buy it there but, you know;) ). If you use 1/50 of the effort to research this as you did on how to grow cannabis, you will easily be where I am at!!;)

Good luck brother, and I am sure you will get more responses to this!:D

I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix S570. It was like $160 at B.Buy but I bet you could get a better price online. It's a 12MP camera with an optical zoom range of 5:1 so it is good for macros. It has two video-with-sound modes as well.
The only thing I don't like about it is that it is pretty useless in low light conditions if anything moves. Otherwise I have found it super easy to use and produces good photos. All my recent pics here are from it so you can judge for yourself. Running costs are ok - it has its own rechargeable battery and extras are like $5 each on EBay.

Just got a Nikon Coolpix S220 at Best Buy for $129.00. 10 mp decent zoom and Nikon quality. The software is top notch too if your not already running a photo like iPhoto, etc. Check it out online.

Thanks for the tips guys! So how do I do a web review? I know..I know...I'm a computer rookie. Do I just google digital cameras? That would seem like it would give me endless amounts of crap to weed through.

legalize_freedom said:
Thanks for the tips guys! So how do I do a web review? I know..I know...I'm a computer rookie. Do I just google digital cameras? That would seem like it would give me endless amounts of crap to weed through.

I always find great bargains on electronics here>>>hxxp://bensbargains.net/category/30/cameras that's the camera section

hxxp://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camera-reviews/?filter=100021_10061970_&tag=centerColumnArea1.0

i own a canon point and shoot camera. it's got a bunch of different features on it like manual focus and macro shooting, good for close up.

i also like that there's a shutter priority mode. that allows me to keep the shutter open as long as i want. there's also aperture mode and then complete manual mode to change all the settings. but then you can switch it back to auto and it works just fine. when i was in japan, i bought a case for the camera that lets me take it underwater to 30 meters or so. i got my open water diver PADI cert when in Japan.

That would be great if I still had my underwater grow going. It was Great White Shark . . .

Another approach might be to do some studying on the web, and get yourself up to speed on the various aspects of mid-priced cameras. Then take a trip to BestBuy or one of those stores and see what kinda sale they have on cameras. I scored a real nice Nikon Coolpix camera for about $50 off doing that.

Again Thanks! You are all too kind! I going to do some research today.

Surrup, that is awesome! I've always wanted to dive! I've jumped out of airplanes, (military and civilian) repelled from helicoptors, and did some snorkeling in the Cayman Islands, but to actually dive has always been something I wanted to try.

Leaf is that a salt water strain?

My wife is the photographer in my family so when it came time to get me a new one so I would leave her $1,000 camera alone she went to researching for the best buy under $100. The one we ended up going with is a polaroid t1031. I think it is around $90 then we bought a memory card for it as well. I'm sure for a few more dollars you can get alot more options but this one has suited my needs so far. I'm not really recommending this camera, just saying I think you can get a pretty good camera for your budget :)

Here is a pic of a baby bud with it, keep in mind I leave everything on auto on the camera but it has alot of manual options.

bagseedbud.JPG

This one looks like a good buy>>>hxxp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120329
The info on it and coupon code:
Newegg has the Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS 10MP Digital Camera in Dark Gray for $150 - $15 off with coupon code EMCLMMN42 [Exp 1/18] + $0 shipping = $135 shipped.

Hey, just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips. We ended up getting the same thing that leafminer has the Nikon S570 12 mp's seems like a nice camers for 150 bucks...now we just have to figure out how to use it. Cinderella 99 x AK47 hybrid pics coming as soon as I can figure this thing out...lol...Again Thank You everyone for your help!

legalize_freedom said:
Hey, just wanted to thank everyone for all the tips. We ended up getting the same thing that leafminer has the Nikon S570 12 mp's seems like a nice camers for 150 bucks...now we just have to figure out how to use it. Cinderella 99 x AK47 hybrid pics coming as soon as I can figure this thing out...lol...Again Thank You everyone for your help!

I paid twice that for 10 mp;)

Speaking of cameras I have the canon powershot sx20, But what I really want to know is how do you guys get the real close ups of the trichs? I saw a cool thing of 420 science it was a microscope you hooked up to your computer but it was $200 us. How do you guys do your close ups?

I was told to use the macro settings...but my girlfriend has not shared the camera, or the manual with me yet! So hopefully one of these others can give you a definate...as I haven't got a chance to play with ours yet!

Latest posts

Back