Looks like tiny ladybug larva...are they mites???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
I was checking my girls who are 5 weeks into flower and looking very nice. While using a scope to check trichromes i notices what looks like tiny lady bug larva...they don't look anything like spider mites but the plant is showing some leaf spotting and other traits related to spider mites....the color is clear on the very small ones and a banded brown/beige with the shape of ladybug larva. Wish i could get a pic to post but not easily visible without scope. Anyone seen or familiar with these bugs?

It sounds like mites to me. Can you describe the damage? or provide a pic of that?

Spider Mites:( sounds like to me.

I think ladybug larvae is elongated

images.jpg

Ok, here is what i see the drawing, although amateurish is quit accurate.It only has 6 legs. The perpetrator is between the tip of the needle and leaf cutting....its that tiny spot. Does this look like white fly larvae? Nothing is flying yet in the grow room.

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

Here is a pic of leaf, but im 5 weeks into flower and I didnt even notice anything wrong. I thought it appeared like the natural yellowing and leaf dying off as plant goes into last few weeks of flowering....buds look very nice and i only noticed bugs on leaves.

leaves 002.jpg

you may be right 4u.....i havent had to use any type of pest control on this grow and want to stay with a natural control if possible....i only have a few weeks to go....how much damage can thrips do in a few weeks?

Thripes can do damage if the population gets out of control. I think blue sticky traps attract them. That may help until harvest.

4u2sm0ke said:
maybe thrips????

If that is what they look like and they are doing plant damage, I would say 4u is spot on.

thrips.jpg

YUP!!!...THATS THE GUY!!!!....OFFICER ARREST HIM!!!.....thanks you guys.....i knew i could find an answer here....

Azamax!!!! pour it into your watering solution (45ml per gallon of water and pour all over the soil so that it drenches the soil. IF you can spray the lower parts of the plant without getting it on the buds, then putting a little in a spray bottle and misting the lower leaves will hasten their deaths :) Otherwise the drench will do it :) Do this to every plant you have, and then in 10 days do it again, It will eliminate any soil bourne leaf chewing critters, and it is biodegradable and will be gone from the plant before you harvest :)

:ciao: Hushpuppy
I think the dirrections say to spray entire plant every three days and in 10 days should be gone....I use Azamax religiously..evry Sunday..

take care and be safe

Hey Smoke :) yeah theres a couple ways to do that. I am a bit afraid to spray it much when I have buds well formed(I will spray them down if I don't have buds formed) but I get good results from drenching the soil, just not as fast as spraying.

I found a product called Captain Jacks DeadBug Brew...it has Spinosad in it....so if i have 3 weeks to go....do you guys think a could get one or two applications before harvest?

Follow the directions on the bottle. I am organic so I use stuff that has to be repeated every 5 days. So yes, you have time to get a couple in. Good luck. I keep blue sticky traps in my flower room always.

also if your looking for a more idiot proof insect control method look into SNS 209 its systemic so you add it to your water cycle using it every 2-3 days and stopping 10 days before harvest... it doesnt actually kill the insects but makes the plant take up rosemeric acid which makes the plant taste bad and the insects simply move on/die from starvation... iv just finished getting over a battle with thripes... little devils, not as bad as spider mites but still quite annoying and the SNS 209 did the trick, i kept 1 plant that was under attack as it was, since it was pretty far from saving it acted as an attraction for the thripes running away from the treated plants... after a few weeks i saw no thripes on the treated plants and just a few on the dying plant, took out dying plant and since then not a single thripe in my grow area... works good just gotta keep using it to keep the rosemeric acid levels up and the bugs away... btw very nice catch seeing these lil turds early before too much damage was done... they are brutal lil guys

Latest posts

Back