Love and the White Widow, Ice, and Purple we got in Toronto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it's hard to get an up-close picture of the rapidly-developing lady parts, but, after 6 days of flowering, here's our Ice:

P7281053.JPG

So, has anyone else ever been trying to get a good picture of the lady parts at the top of your plants, and suddenly you smell burning and the top of your head is very, very hot and your hair is starting to smoke from being so close to the lamp? :watchplant:

You have no idea how Jealous i am. I have been looking all over this red neck state for Purple. i grew up knowing it as Purple Kush. well if you accidently drive my way im always game for your seeds. congrats on the marriage.

Actually, the purple is the only one we have been unable to successfully germinate. I think the seeds were just really old, but i'm trying as many techniques as i can with the seeds i have left, hoping for just one girl out of the 15....

It's funny how people come to Toronto for our lax pot laws. Ive lived here my whole life and it never crossed my mind that the laws are more relaxed here than anywhere else... Guess I don't know how good I have it.

Did you go to any cafes while you were in Toronto ?
I know of one downtown that I've been to a few times... Its a really classy place with a rooftop patio. You can either smoke joints on the patio or order a 2 gram hash milkshake from the kitchen.

YES!!!! We had those "magic milkshakes" and i have never tripped so hard in my whole life. We made some friends on that patio and smoked some hash, a huge blunt, and, oh, i don't remember much about the rest of that day. Toronto is awesome. We want to go back as soon as $$$ly possible!!! There is just nothing like it....

ok im not so jealous now. thata makes me sad that there is 14 less purple's in the world....

Congrats on the marriage and on the new ladies! I just put my WW into flowering as well, so I'm not too far behind ya! So far everything looks great with your girls! They look amazing! I'll have to keep following this journal and compare with my flowering gal! Again, congrats and Good Luck!!!!

Just a quick question for you... Have you tried to germinate your Purple seeds before sticking them in soil? I've never grown in soil, but I've read a few grow journals where people have germinated their seeds in papertowels and a ziplock bag, and then transplanted to soil once they popped.

Thanks for the question! From my experience and study of (and degree in) plant biology, moving a very delicate seed around is a very bad idea. Seeds of any species are so fragile and susceptible to infection when they just have their tiny tap root sticking out--they aren't meant to do this in the water or in the air, but covered and protected in the soil. It might work for some people, but i prefer to keep these plants natural (well, as natural as possible indoors). Stick seed in wet soil, period. That being said, and against all reason and biological ethics, i did try other methods (the greenhouse method, the seed-in-paper-towel-and-ziploc-bag method) and i really think we just got bad seeds.

OK, so, in yet another attempt to germinate the purps :ignore: i used the greenhouse method (plastic wrap over the container). This was 4 days ago, and i have been venting it every day to prevent mold. Today, i noticed this strange thing at the center of the pot, where i had planted the seed (picture below). Any idea what it could be?

P7301062.JPG

P7301063.JPG

Well I hope its your purple but if not that I hope its a magic plant that will take you into the sky for a great reward. Oh wait that is the same thing. good luck with the grow, and congrats on the nuptials.

:joint4: Ok, i figured out what the crazy fuzzy thing was---the root!!! These messed-up inbred genetics make the plant try to grow upside down. It's happened before when i've tried to germinate the Ceres Purple. So, i flipped it around, right-side-up. We'll see what happens:confused: :headbang:

good luck on that purple ;) damn I didn't know toronto was like that. I guess i am going on a vacation in a few weeks. Toronto here I come :)

Our lovely ladies have started to crystallize :hubba:

The first three pictures are of our Ice and then two of the White Widow, and one more of the Ice ...

Any ideas on why the Ice seems to be producing more bud at this juncture? :joint4:

P8201062.JPG

P8201063.JPG

P8201064.JPG

P8201065.JPG

P8201067.JPG

P8201068.JPG

GMCORP said:
:joint4: Ok, i figured out what the crazy fuzzy thing was---the root!!! These messed-up inbred genetics make the plant try to grow upside down. It's happened before when i've tried to germinate the Ceres Purple. So, i flipped it around, right-side-up. We'll see what happens:confused: :headbang:

Thats why you dont buy seeds from the pure (im)bred seed co from incestvill, TN USA :)

Latest posts

Back