Low Ryder #2 grow, two sick, now others are too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motame

Reaction score
good day fellow tokers,

i've got some low ryder #2 seedlings growing in a killer green hydro setup. The bucket holds alittle over 4gallons of water. They're under a 400w HPS light, and are a week and a half old. They're on their second/third nodes with almost nill stem showing. I put my hand over their tops and my hand didn't get hot at all. The temp stays around 75-85F, and humidity around 40-50. They have a fan on them on medium.

I have a 20-60gallon dual pump on them with two 2foot airstones. You can see bubbles coming up from all of the nets. I have the rock wools on the top of the nets with them showing and the rocks up to their rim. When I touch the tops of the rock wools my finger is moist and so is the rock wool. Three days ago, two of them starting to get what I call "bubbling" on the wider/closer to the stem side of the leaves. The bubbling is like a deformation, where the leaves look like burned or crinkled. There isn't any yellowing except for one small spot on one of the leaves, but a couple do show lighter green on the tips. The wider sides of the leaves where the bubbling is is dark green. The tips of the leaves are facing down and look like the ram-horn that I read about. Only thing is they didn't have any nutes. I have only distilled water with a good pH in the bucket. The water level is up to half of their rock wool. The roots are already about and inch or two below the bottom of the rock wools. I then added 1 teaspoon of FloraGro and 1 teaspoon of FloraMicro to see if it was nute deficiency 2 days ago. Since then the two that were bad got worse by their leaves going down more. And now I'm starting to see that same bubbling on most of the rest of the seedlings. I added 1 teaspoon of Superthrive yesterday since it's advised to use it with Low Ryder grows. Please help guys as I can't have this grow go south like my first one.

reduce the amount of water you have. Just let the roots grow down to the water. "chase" may be a better term. The precipitation from the bursting bubbles and humidity is plenty for the plant to absorb. i keep my water a couple inches below my rockwool and the netcups themselves are barely submersed. as my plant gets larger i water more often and keep the water even lower.

I like using more airstones than big ones. the bubbles should be creating a stir on the top of the water and splashing while they burst. I use the large whisper dual pumps. i use 2 six inch stones per pump. i can't make them run a 1 foot stone good let alone a 2 foot one.

Also, if your plants are less than 2 weeks get those nutes outta there. your going to burn them unless you have a very diluted mixture.

good luck... keep postin till it gets fixed. these plants are more durable than you think.

perfect thanks a lot man. I was thinking overwatering but wanted an honest opinion. I figured an inch or so less would be enough, but the bubbles splashing is totally true, when I take the cover off the bursting bubbles go everywhere. I'll lower it to the nets rim now. Shoot or should I finish rolling this blunt first. LOL. sike babies come first. thanks again!

As for the airstones, they're 1foot long each. I'll buy one more 6"er since I already have one of the those thanks. Do you have one pump per bucket or ...?

ok done. I gave them 1 gallon of water with a 1/4 teaspoon of superthrive. The water level is alittle bit over the rim of the bottom of the net pot. Now the only problem is that you can hear the airstones/bubbles. Maybe I'll just raise the rock wools a little and add a little water?

update....plants are looking a lot better and some are looking amazing. The ones that were sick are looking better and aren't getting worse. Thanks for the help. I hope to post some pics soon for you guys.

Something that I didn't think was possible also happened. I got two seedlings from one seed! I thought that I just made a stupid mistake and put two seeds in one rock wool. But when I looked in the rock wool hole, I saw that both the seedlings had their roots ending at the same spot and there was only one seed capsule in the rock wool. This ever happen to anyone, should I let them be?

Latest posts

Back