lowest maintence system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clamskittles

Reaction score
i need a system that can survive for a few days (5 or so) on its own. I was thinking of a big rubber maid container to hold the plants in rockwool/clay in net pots on the lid, and then a pump in the bottom of the container that goes off a few times a day and waters the plants from a tube on the top of the pots...would this be ok to chill on its own? and then i come every few days to check PH make adjustments etc... also whats a good strain for this type of growing? please let me know what you think! thanks!

-Peace-

clamskittles said:
i need a system that can survive for a few days (5 or so) on its own. I was thinking of a big rubber maid container to hold the plants in rockwool/clay in net pots on the lid, and then a pump in the bottom of the container that goes off a few times a day and waters the plants from a tube on the top of the pots...would this be ok to chill on its own? and then i come every few days to check PH make adjustments etc... also whats a good strain for this type of growing? please let me know what you think! thanks!

-Peace-

The problem is that the plants will grow about 5-7 inches during a 5 day period. The lights would have to be raised.

If you put the light that high to start with, the plants will stretch.

If leaving for 5 days at a time is your only option, then your going to have some stretched plants. Better stretched then burning your house down from being too close.

This really isn't a hobby that you can leave like that without inherent risks to your property. Fire being the biggest risk.

If it's only a one time thing, then cross your fingers and hope nothing goes wrong.

yeah i guess your right...i was just going to have to leave to go home for christmas but i didn't want to wait till i got back to start my grow...guess i'll just wait..

clamskittles said:
yeah i guess your right...i was just going to have to leave to go home for christmas but i didn't want to wait till i got back to start my grow...guess i'll just wait..

That's smart thinking man. There is no sense in taking chances like that to save 5 days.

Good luck to you and I hope you have a great holiday!

Latest posts

Back