Lowryder Mint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm good thanks, going camping tomorrow with the boyfriend. We're getting a lift there so are taking our cycles and plenty of good beers and ales and of course herb :D :48:

Should be a good long weekend! And boy do we need it! Shame we missed any of the good weather though! Of course this means I will be taking my 3 girls for a 'walk' at some point before we go and hide them until we come back. I just hope the lower amount of light doesn't effect them too much. I will try to take pictures when I do it.

Happy smoking all :D

thnaks 4u2smoke - i manged to get rid of 'all' of them with that sticky plant, I couldn't see any in there, then I took it out and there were a few flies in there so of course now I have quite a few. I'm not bothered too much as I will be putting them outside now for a few days, and when I come back I will repot them so will see how they do then.

We have the sexes!!

They are 19, 16 and 15 days old today and I have 2 females and 1 male. I can only just see tiny pistils and balls so its not 100% yet, but i'm pretty sure thats what i've got - and let me say I couldn't be happier about it! Now I can make seeds!

The one that looks male is the youngest one at only 15 days! But it is also the best looking of the plants so at least I know I will be carrying good genes through from the father's side!

How old does a male autoflowering plant need to be before its pollen sacks open?

Here are the pics I took today just before I took them outside for their holiday! They should be ok where I put them as its near to my little afghan, I only hope they have enough shelter from this wind!

Thanks Mel and FourTwenty!

Yea we don't mind braving the weather! We getting a lift so at least we know our stuff will be dry in the car for a while!

Anyway here's the pics...

1) All together from above
2) All together from the side
3) The girls!
4) The daddy!

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Thorn said:
thnaks 4u2smoke - i manged to get rid of 'all' of them with that sticky plant, I couldn't see any in there, then I took it out and there were a few flies in there so of course now I have quite a few. I'm not bothered too much as I will be putting them outside now for a few days, and when I come back I will repot them so will see how they do then.

We have the sexes!!

They are 19, 16 and 15 days old today and I have 2 females and 1 male. I can only just see tiny pistils and balls so its not 100% yet, but i'm pretty sure thats what i've got - and let me say I couldn't be happier about it! Now I can make seeds!

The one that looks male is the youngest one at only 15 days! But it is also the best looking of the plants so at least I know I will be carrying good genes through from the father's side!

How old does a male autoflowering plant need to be before its pollen sacks open?

hey Thorn...I may have missed you...Hope you and boyfriend have fun and stay safe...i just returned from an awesome camping trip..congrats on the Male ...( I think)..I hope you are selective pollenating...I am going to give cross a try this winter..as far as when the auto flower pollen sacks open Im not sure , I know it can happen over night..and if fans are running...whole crop seeded..I built me a Male chamber...when He shows thats where he goes;) ...theres great stuff here in the breeding section as Im sure you are aware of..well enough blabbing Im going to smoke a bong now

take care and be safe

It usually don't take long after you've seen the balls. But usually 2 to 3 weeks and it should have showed sexed.:) Also, just a tip. It doesn't require alot of light to produce the male pollen if growing it somewher else so you can pollinate. Just a couple fluorescent bulbs. :D
LONGLIVE THE LOWRYDER!

On the Lowryder Strains the males usually show first once you know its a male be sure and separate so all the girls don't get pollinated.

:cool: YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB ON THIS GROW :cool:

Hey Thorn! Plants are looking good babe! I almost went the Lowryder Mint path, but decided to go for a different Auto - Check out the Journal. Looking forward to this one BIG TIME!

hey everyone! thanks! :D

We got back today, survived the rain, cows, ponies and donkeys! Was great fun, even in the rain! Saw some great sights, loads of birds of prey and deer. Caught a gorgeous stag on film last night. And of course, we had some great smokes in some amazing places :smoke1:

We made great friends with the wild donkeys! One visited out tent a few times to say hello. A group of 3 appeaered out of nowhere yesterday when we were stopped having our lunch on a bike ride! The kept following me for my food! hehe! They are such great animals! We really want a pet donkey now!:rolleyes:

ANYWAY... hope everyone is well and safe.

Richy-b -these plants are in a micro grow just under a few cfls anyway hehe! I might just put him on the window ledge for a while.

Grandaddytoke - I know, but I do want to do some pollinating as I would like my own little stash of seeds for this strain :D

Thanks for everyones help, I will in deed look at the breeding section - I haven't looked at that yet :p I will keep that male somewhere outside the grow box and keep and eye on it. Will be getting the plants back tomorrow hopefully (weather permitting) so will let you all know!

:cool:

Hey Thorn, hope ya had a nice trip ...Hope all is well w/ the girls :D , show 'em some love for me ...Keep us Updated and keep it GREEN...

Will those taste like mint when smoked?? Or do they smell like mint when budding... Or is it just a name they came up with??
Keep us posted :D
It hasn't rained here in five months... Anything that was green is now yellow... Except for the olive trees... I kinda miss the rain sometimes :D
I wonder if in 10 years from now people will be coming to the UK on summer breaks?? Greece will surely be dead by than... Turning into a desert this place is...
Is Rain Dears' Piss really a hallucinogen?? They are attracted to smoke and love magic mushrooms... so they say...

sounds like you and the family had a nice time. your plants look nice. keep it up. i wanna see some minty buds

yeah I agree with melissa..whenI came back from camping I was tickled Green on the new growth..Nice Job thorn..

Little update because my pc is driving me crazy!

Got them back yesterday and they are very stretched and floppy but will be ok.
Sorry the pics are rubbish quality - i couldn't find a good camera lol

First pics are of the male.

Then there is the 2 females. I can smell something, not sure which one it is though.

I have tied them up to some little sticks and will be repotting them soon. The male is looking absolutely brilliant! Some of the pollen sacks have even already opened! Don't worry though, I am being careful with him!

Hopefully I'll have some better quality pictures once they've recovered a little.

Niki - I have no idea how this strai8n will grow/smell as these are my first plants of the strain lol

I have some GOOOOOOOD news! From the same breed (Dutchbreed) I won a pack of seeds - I found out when I came back from camping and couldn't believe it! They let me choose which strain I wanted so I went for Orange Candy Floss as I've had my eye on that for a while :D So after these 2 plants are done we can all enjoy some orange high thc goodness :p

Hope everyone is well :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 fem.JPG

2 fem.JPG

3 fems.JPG

hi thorn how did they get so floppy? and that yellowing is that from the camera?,,,, and im sure you will bring them back in no time gl hun

Latest posts

Back