Lst, Oh Noes!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OH NOES!!

been reading up on the old LST method which i have started on a plant and some are varied.

1 says that i should trim off the small leaves developing on the stem when LST'ing, and another says keep them. god its confusing :p i dont know what to go for, i got a lot of growth coming outta this little clone at the top but more so at the bottom of the stem where there is plenty of light getting to it.

If you simply love cutting up your plants dont reply, someone told me to supercrop my biggest flowering girl and i think i would of cried if i got it wrong.

Also, if i were to keep these new shoots emerging from the stem of my lst clones... should i tie them down too? :p

You guys switch avatars and I forget who is who.:eek: Oh well, I switched too.:rolleyes:

I never remove any leaves, not even dead ones. The reason is, even if a leaf appears completely dead, the plant can store toxins in it.

One exception = ventilation. If running a SOG or SCROG, or you are flushing, sometimes cutting a few smaller branches can improve airflow, even access to watering.

Sometimes, my personal decision comes down to 'trim the popcorn now or later':p At 3/4 through flower, I doubt it makes a difference.

Just some ideas to toss around. Two cents ya know.

Don't trim off anything off of your plants man. When you LST you Will get internodal growth. Don't trim it off cause these are future flowering tops.
LST is just that LOW STRESS TRAINING...Cutting anything off of your plants can be stressful to them and is def NOT the thing to do.

if you need any kind of help with LST feel free to PM me .. I have done it and besides cutting anything off your plants, it's really hard to mess it up.

sweet i will leave the new growth to develop. the clone is only a few weeks old and vegging but the stem is getting strong and is loving being tied up. gunna top it as soon as it reaches where i began ;)

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Don't trim off anything off of your plants man. When you LST you Will get internodal growth. Don't trim it off cause these are future flowering tops.
LST is just that LOW STRESS TRAINING...Cutting anything off of your plants can be stressful to them and is def NOT the thing to do.

if you need any kind of help with LST feel free to PM me .. I have done it and besides cutting anything off your plants, it's really hard to mess it up.

Agreed, Low Stress Training.... that, you would think, would say it all. I believe that when you start lopping things off you are indeed putting stress on the plant. Do what ya do, and let us know if you find a way to do something you like, but know that you can do very well without chopping......peace

DrGreenThumb said:
gunna top it as soon as it reaches where i began ;)

Why top it? One of the reasons to LST is so that you don't have to top it. Leave it be and tie down the other branches when they get long enough.

DrGreenThumb said:
OH NOES!!

been reading up on the old LST method which i have started on a plant and some are varied.

1 says that i should trim off the small leaves developing on the stem when LST'ing, and another says keep them. god its confusing :p i dont know what to go for, i got a lot of growth coming outta this little clone at the top but more so at the bottom of the stem where there is plenty of light getting to it.

If you simply love cutting up your plants dont reply, someone told me to supercrop my biggest flowering girl and i think i would of cried if i got it wrong.

Also, if i were to keep these new shoots emerging from the stem of my lst clones... should i tie them down too? :p

Well I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think there is a time and place to prune your plant. This is ultimately TRAINING your plant to grow low and bushy. The stalk needs air flow and if you are LSTing correctly the time can come where pruning makes sense. Ultimately, you have to make the call. These plants are hearty and if your grow environment is good, pruning them and supercropping them to train them is not going to hurt them AND IN FACT CAN STRENGTHEN THEM. One other question, how long are you planning to veg these? Are you looking to LST for a week, a month or ???

haha, thanks for the advice guys.

I got 1 clone as i said, i am gunna make a mother out of this LST'd plant for about 2 months ;) i got some people who want a few babies from it.

so its gunna be vegging for a while

Latest posts

Back