lst question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papasoulfart

Reaction score
My clones have gotten to big waiting on my flower room to finish. I was wondering what5 the best metnod of LST is? Is it just tying the tops down or what? Can I do it on my flowering plant also? It is about 5 weeks into flowering and just exploding in height. I try to keep my 400w hps about 12-16 inches away from the tops. :confused: :afroweed:

papasoulfart said:
My clones have gotten to big waiting on my flower room to finish. I was wondering what5 the best method of LST is? Is it just tying the tops down or what? Can I do it on my flowering plant also? It is about 5 weeks into flowering and just exploding in height. I try to keep my 400w hps about 12-16 inches away from the tops.
Moving the top of the stem to a position lower than that of the other branches on the same stem will make the plant stop creating the hormone that causes the fastest growth in top growth. This hormone will then be equally divided among the other branches on the same stem and make each of them grow at an increased rate.

How you get the stem tip to remain bent over to that point doesn't matter. Coat hangars, pipe cleaners, cotton string...I've seen them all.

The end result is what matters. The tip MUST be lower than the other tips on the branch for this to work best.

Good luck man! Be very careful. Those tips also break easily. Bending some each day is my best advice. Be patient. Take a few days to get the tip completely bent over.

papasoulfart said:
I can do it in flower room also.
LST can be used in the first two weeks of flowering. After that, it will inhibit the growth of the buds due to the energy expended in the natural repositioning of the branches.

Latest posts

Back