LST's, CFL's and THC's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojoeGrowSomeMo'

micro grower
Reaction score
so this is my first grow and things r lookin prety good so far. i have a 2' x 3' x 5' box with 2-42watt cfl's and 2-3' flourescent tube lamps each 50watts each. 3-fans and temp/humidity monitor.

a plant that started to grow under my friends porch steps is the lucky volunteer. this plant is on its third set of leaves with a 10-12 inch stem....this extreme stretching was due to lack of light under those steps. so i figure this plant at about 3 weeks old or so.

first transplant is into a 20 oz. plastic bottle cut in half with the soil it started life in. so 3-4 days pass while i can get her home prepared. during this time she enjoys basking in the sun @ my window.

June 28 is when this all started and now i am looking to start flowering soon. sorry the pics started a lil late but i had to fix my camera. so after some lookin and researchin and lookin some more i decided to LST this baby, mostly because of that serious stretchin she did under those steps...but as u know by now my box isnt the biggest one either :( so that is why i think LST will utilize this space efficiently.

and now for some freakin pics already! lol:hubba: :lama:
they start @ day 53 ish (estimation bcuz i did not germ this baby)
sorry a couple r out of order but #1 is about day 55 and showing her top.

#2 is day 55 ish and shows step 1 in my 2nd LST

#3 shows her top at day 57 after 2nd LST positioning was complete

#4 my lights and a partial of the box ( i know its now white or mylar inside but i WILL fix that)

#5 this is day 53 and shows the first LST

#6 this is her top as of present. i am going to take maybe 1 or 2 of those fan leaves out to let those branches u cant see get some light. i have counted 9 branches that have turned upwards since the LST. here u can see like 5 of them.

lovin this new hobby so any and all help necessary to keep this "kite flyin high" will not be wasted:bong: :headbang2: :joint: LOL:hubba:

mauma; day 55 7.24.08.JPG

mauma 7.26.08.JPG

the 'box' 2 42w cfl's & 2 50w 3' comp. flouros.JPG

mauma; 7.24.2008..JPG

mauma day 53.JPG

mauma 7.27.08.JPG

:ignore:
IDK what this means, but this site will not allow centian faces when I will not allow cookies. LOL!

Lookin good on the grow man!

Grow is looking sweet man. If I were you, I'd grab myself another reflector and put your second cfl in that one. It would probably illuminate your plant better.

yea i was thinkin the same thing mental... i think im gonna start her in flower by aug 9 or so and i can't decide wether to keep the cfl's in or switch to hps. i know hps will most likely give me the larger yield but i can't help but wonder how well the cfl's do. maybe do some more research on cfl flowering today so i can decide cuz i wanna see some buds already! LOL:hubba:

just checked out ur new box man and that thing looks sweeeeeet dude! do u flower in cfl too?

so those of you wanting to try LST (low stress train) or do not understand what or why to LST, here r a couple of pics to illustrate.

going from a single top to a canopy in 4 days flat. :D
this is achieved with only 1 tie down point and 3 gradual tightenings of the string.

LST string gets tied to the main stem about 2 1/2 inches from the top.
slowly pulling the string to lower the top so now the top is EVEN or LOWER than my side branches.(done in 3 steps over 36 hours) now all of the side branches are in competition to be the MAIN stalk. low and bushy is the idea here for those with confined spaces like myself.

havin some trouble with the pics but the first 2 pics i posted earlier show the top view and LST tie down point and this pic shows the result. A LOT bushier:hubba: i also took 2 leaves off to get some light to those lower branches that want to shoot up too.

mauma's top 7.28.08.JPG

When is a good time to start LST? How does LST benefit the plants growth & how does it cause less stress on your plants.

Thanks.

KGB: i am a novice so this answer will probably reflect that but here i go anyway...LOL:hubba: a good time to start LST would be when your baby has enough stem to bend over to 90 degrees give or take a few, so 4-6 inches sounds good to me. LST is mostly for the benefit of the grower, not the plant to suit his/her growing space. the less stress part is because it is less stressful to bend a plant than to "top" or cut/pinch new growth off. no healing time in LST but u will notice a slight growth slowing...but not as slow as a cut cuz they got to heal b4 new growth.

been having a high ph problem for the last week. i started her into flower at 8.1.08 . anyone have a suggestion on what the best way of lowering the ph? should i transplant?

MojoeGrowSomeMo' said:
been having a high ph problem for the last week. i started her into flower at 8.1.08 . anyone have a suggestion on what the best way of lowering the ph? should i transplant?

Ask Slowmo77 or Timmy6j... I don't know for sure.. Hopefuly someone else will have the answer .

I'll put you at the top again buddie hear ya go.

Latest posts

Back