Lumins?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYDRO333

BIG Things >>>POPPIN<<<
Reaction score
My question is can you tell how many lumins you have just by knowing how many lights bulbs you have and how much watts they are if so i got 10, 15 watt lights.
ty hydro.
peace!

It should tell on whatever they came in. You can't tell by watts.

Ussually the spiral florous and tube florous will tell you the lumen output as well as the "rated watts" ignore the "incadescent wattage equivilent".

Ussually I went with at least 30W or better. the 42W spirals at wal-mart put out 2200 lumens per bulb. The 16W is really low and you would need way to many.

I am using 3 40 watt sylvania and 3 26 watt on my 2 plants. Lumen output is 12,600!

Mutt said:
Ussually the spiral florous and tube florous will tell you the lumen output as well as the "rated watts" ignore the "incadescent wattage equivilent".

Ussually I went with at least 30W or better. the 42W spirals at wal-mart put out 2200 lumens per bulb. The 16W is really low and you would need way to many.

So it wont grow wit 10,15 watt lights.:mad:

it will grow fine but light penetration will be a problem. Think about it, for the money u spent on 10 15 w lights you could of got a 150HPS and had a REAL NICE grow area for nothing....

I wouldn't expect to be pulling down qp's or anything with them flo's, get yourself some HID lighting. You are running 150w anyways, why not go HPS?

I grew 4 plants under mine in a 2x2 space.. you can keep it within 6 inches .

Nice buds for a hobbyist.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
it will grow fine but light penetration will be a problem. Think about it, for the money u spent on 10 15 w lights you could of got a 150HPS and had a REAL NICE grow area for nothing....

I wouldn't expect to be pulling down qp's or anything with them flo's, get yourself some HID lighting. You are running 150w anyways, why not go HPS?

I bought 12 cfl for about 30$ and dont got money to spend on hps or hid besides i went to the store and the said they said the min of wattage of lights they have is 250 that cost min of 200$ also cant order from the net?

I found this site about lumens and wattage since u guys KNOW ALOT u might help me were i fall into keep in mind i have 10,15 watt cfls.
ty.

lowe's or home depot sells the street lights the 150 w HPS street lamps that are easily converted into a remote light and ballast for about 100$.

I would say you got about 10k lumens total man with what you have.

A 150HPS would put you up to about 18,500 lumens.
Check your local hardware stores. Just make sure they run on 120v power or whatever power your local residence has.

I agree with Mr. Wakenbake about the HPS.

I veg. under flos (mix of cool whites and soft whites get a full spectrum) easier for me to maintain...but come flower its HPS all the way. but I keep (or did and will again) a veg area and a seperate flower area. That way I can get a couple of good phenos and clone away. Tight spaces make it worth while. The flos don't make my mothers go crazy in size. Plus heat is never an issue. But to get nice tight fat juicy buds HPS is the only way to go.

If I was ever going to use flos for flower I would scrog female clones and use (2) 4 bay flo fixtures and train my clones to follow along the tubes. then the canopy is not too thick and tall (basically grow 2 plants sideways along the screen keeping the flos 2-3 inches away).

Mr.Wakenbake said:
lowe's or home depot sells the street lights the 150 w HPS street lamps that are easily converted into a remote light and ballast for about 100$.

I would say you got about 10k lumens total man with what you have.

A 150HPS would put you up to about 18,500 lumens.
Check your local hardware stores. Just make sure they run on 120v power or whatever power your local residence has.

Hey wakenbake if you can do me a favor and get me a link stright to the home depot hps light cause i seem not to be getting any results.
very appretheited.
hydro.

all i could find at these places is a 75 watt HPS for 75 bucks. Lowes has bigger bulbs but I could not find all the components necassary to hook the light up. All they had was a ballast and bulb. What else would I need?

Latest posts

Back