maiden diy uc voyage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
docfishwrinkle said:
got it pegged at 680 & 5.83 for couple days now & in a.m. its flip time. i fear im late on that but had to find what they wanted.

phenos are in order w, x, y, z

These are really looking good. I know that you'll have a much easier time on your next grow. I think each strain needs a little something different and you have to get to know the system and the strain first go-round.

Your other Q's... I am only micro-growing now and am using 1 gallon capacity mini system that I designed for PC growing. I just don't need that much and want to stay in the legal limits. Also, enjoy being able to grow constantly and that smaller yield works for me.

thanks SD. yes each strain will need special attn but these girls are heavy feeders in soil. the donors that are in "dirt" are in bloom 2wks now & are being feed 1500ppms. ive seen several UC GJ's & most were maxing out around 600ppm's while im few days in & @ 700. although one guy was hitting 1100. anyhow pics in a few days.

i also noticed dan, @ current culture, posted on FAQ's to ramp up nutes to full strength for the 2nd trimester. kinda leary about that. will def try slowly increasing though.

I just checked up on yer grow here and see that the girls look like they are doing real good.:) I think flippin at 12-14" should work well for yer grow. I feel yer pain with adjusting nutes for hydro. It's a challenge (I think) because the nutes are already chelated for uptake and so it all happens fast and that seems to make the ph swing a bit until everybody gits leveled out. I think also that the more water that yu are dealin with at any givin grow will sort of multiply the ppm/ph issues (until yu get it all leveled out). On all of my girls I had to start out at 1/4 strength (about 400ppm) for a week or so then was able to double it to about 800ppm. I bumped up to 1100 for the week b4 we flipped then this week we bumped to 1400 but I haven't seen them in a few days to see how they r doin at that level. Its almost like everybody (me, plants, and rez) has to get used to the nutes in hydro b4 moving up to recmmended levels;) I can't wait to see them flower.:farm: Good grow mojo to ya:)

ok so heres a few pics from couple days ago. im up to 735ppm & 5.82pH. high room temp 80, low is 62. highest rh is 50%. rez is 67-69. all was looking great until i noticed random burns in margins of some plants. burning is occurring in the "hot spot" of the lights & i wrote it off as IR burn, but now it seems to be looking worse from yesterday. i will update w/ those new pics in a mo. lights are a good foot off the plant tops so dont think so, but......

indie pics are w-z. then theres the good ol slip of the scissors pic....lol. thinned plants & took cuts.

DSCN2332.JPG

DSCN2333.JPG

DSCN2334.JPG

DSCN2335.JPG

DSCN2336.JPG

DSCN2337.JPG

DSCN2338.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

DSCN2340.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

DSCN2342.JPG

DSCN2343.JPG

more pics & of course a fat bowl of bubble to make the time spent just that more fun.

DSCN2344.JPG

DSCN2345.JPG

DSCN2346.JPG

DSCN2349.JPG

well my odd burn is popping up more. mainly on just one plant, but is found on other 3 also. all pics are of the worst plant. the burn is mostly directly under the light. few days ago i added pre mix nute solution that has been in my 55g drum since i started bloom cycle. it is heavily aerated & has a 700gph pump moving water also. ppms are at 736 & ph 5.82 w/ ~5g of water being used every day. i usually replace 10g every 2 days.

then theres the spider web curling this leaf. the curling is what caught my eye. its a big ol spider in there, but left when i moved the leaf. then theres maximus, the weimaraner & gracie the american bulldog loving the plants as much as i do. it looks like shes eating them but she was speaking to me & a blade went into her mouth...lol.

DSCN2350.JPG

DSCN2351.JPG

DSCN2354.JPG

DSCN2356.JPG

DSCN2357.JPG

DSCN2358.JPG

DSCN2359.JPG

DSCN2360.JPG

DSCN2361.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

DSCN2363.JPG

DSCN2364.JPG

Doc take a pic of the underneath of the second pic. Or at least look and describe it. I had an issue with some insects my first grow that left some damage similar to that. I was growing in soil, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I don't know what they were, but they died fast with some bang.

The other pics look like it could be PH issues. I'm having a ton of ph issues in my hydro grow right now.

And you have some beautiful pets. I'm a boxer lover. My last 3 dogs have been boxers. Weimaraners are the only other dogs that I've been around that are as spastic, goofy, cute, hyper and intelligent as boxers are.

Hey Doc; the girls look soo nice. Yu probably already know this but there is a hot spot disperser tha yu can put on yer hps bulbs to prevent that hot spot that occurs directly beneath the bulb. I put them on all my lights and it made a HUGE difference on how close I could run my fixtures. IDK if that is indeed the problem there though. I find it hard to believe it would be ph as yu said it is staying at 5.8, that's on the money. Yu could have a cal/mag issue startin for that particular plant if yer nutes are on the edge (given the relatively low level yu are at at this point. When mine were right there I was holding at about 800-900ppm (of course I'm using different nutes so its hard to say)

your american is a beautifull girl ... The ladies are hot stuff !!! Very good. :aok:

KR, i had thought that also & no such luck. no ****, no bugs, nothin'. thanks for the insight though. im ruling ph out as ive been mid to high 5's. thanks for the words about my pets & yes boxers, weimies, german shorthairs, & vislas(sp) are by far the most spastic but so damn smart. he loves anything & everything outdoors. she does too but def likes the couch just as much.

HP, yeah i just had same issue w/ the donor plants that are maxed. those however, as a quick fix i took 2 pieces of 1/4" hardware cloth & aligned em to make 1/8" squares & it really is working. have to buy some to have on hand. as far as calmag i hope it were that easy, but when hps isnt on they are def not lacking mag(so so dark green) & cal isnt popping up as a def in any of the leaves.

whats up BHO? thanks for the compliments

i have noticed a film on the uniseals. i sloughs off, dont smell, my roots are very white & slime free w/ no smell also. thinking possibly a rez swap but i only have 12g of pre mix left. i guess i know all my #'s of my nutes, so would it really hurt if i mixed & adjusted in 55g drum then swapped? i know ideally 3 days mix is best, but....

so weve finally got budsets. i do know that tomorrow i have to take maybe 6" off the height of the trellis so i spread these girls out. only thing i dont really like so far is i believe you need vert lighting w/ this system or really splay the girls out & have some good reflectors that have a wide throw. next run at new location i will run 2-1k's vert w/ 6 tubs.

okay heres where im at: ph 5.75 & ppms 735. the mysterious burn is one of 2 things: 1. poss from add back straight nutes into epicenter, only did once as was in rush & will try not to do again. or 2. which i think it is, hot spots from light. thinking back on past 2 runs i had this same weird burn & the other plants were in that same area of the room.

pics: 1st 4 are donors @ 4wks & are bangin along. 5-9 UC pics w/ indie pics of w-z in order.

DSCN2366.JPG

DSCN2367.JPG

DSCN2368.JPG

DSCN2370.JPG

DSCN2371.JPG

DSCN2372.JPG

DSCN2374.JPG

DSCN2375.JPG

DSCN2376.JPG

not sure what I like best...you plants or that bubble hash pipe

pass that sucker over here man...I need a hit:D

haha! thanks man i got it in CO almost 2 yrs ago.:48: :cool2: :bolt:

ok so i chopped 6" off trellis & now splayed the gals wide. def need some ocho hoods right about now. so get this, i finally firgured out my weird burn situation. WIND burn! so as im crouching in corner of room where intake is above my head i notice +1000cfm wind path ripping a straight path to the exhaust opposite corner. so i shot the supply to the floor & raised fan to circ the canopy. man im glad it finally hit me. so i smashed the gals down about 9" w/ the trellis today. one more thinning & i think its time to let em ride. also on a side note swapped my cloner today & have calcification like a mother so any day now should be seeing roots. stats are: ph 5.75 ppm 731 room temp 75 rh 55

DSCN2382.JPG

DSCN2383.JPG

DSCN2387.JPG

DSCN2386.JPG

DSCN2388.JPG

DSCN2389.JPG

short & sweet tonight.

UC ph 5.9 & 746 ppm
cloner 5.8 & 426 ppm, 1st taste of nutes today as roots are now popping. keeping best of each pheno (4) & donating the rest (12) to someone.
donors runoff 6.75

DSCN2390.JPG

DSCN2392.JPG

DSCN2394.JPG

DSCN2395.JPG

DSCN2398.JPG

DSCN2399.JPG

DSCN2400.JPG

DSCN2402.JPG

DSCN2404.JPG

DSCN2406.JPG

DSCN2408.JPG

DSCN2409.JPG

LOL, its def a jungle. im loving this system & only thing im doing different next time is 6 tubs & 2-1k vert. we'll see how that does.

Latest posts

Back