Main stalk broke off from LST, can plant survive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
My main stalk broke about about 3 nodes down. Can the plant survive from such stress? Is there anything i can do to help it survive?
Thanks guys
Joe

was it just the top that broke off or most of the plant? as long as 1/3 of the plant remains intact it should be ok. but with out knowing more about the plant then its anybodies guess. good luck

did it break off or just bent over sharp? its hard to break it off.

if its bent over make a splint with popsicle sticks or whatever and straighten it back out.

it broke off completely. I don't know how but it did. It was 3 nodes down so it was only about 5-6 inches of the top of the plant. I have splintered it before but have never had it break off before. it was strange. I was trying to bend it down more and the whole thing broke off, and that has never happened to me before. It sucks! :( Can it still be splint even though the whole thing is broken off?

i don't think it will grow back together if it came totaly off.. you can use to top as a clone since its already off the plant. if it just happened. anytime i break a top i atleast try to clone it... give it a fair chance kinda thing. good luck i hope this helped

When cloning, do you want to give the clone a real light nute solution water, or just plain water?

joegrow22 said:
When cloning, do you want to give the clone a real light nute solution water, or just plain water?

Just start it on plain water that is safest, you could give it very light bloom nutes to help root formation in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back