major difference 400w-600w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dman1234

I have a 400w combo ballast, question is would 600w make a huge difference, i am okay with the 400w, but i am thinking of expanding, what do you think?
im looking for more weight (who isnt) also how do ppl use 1000w without power companys get suspicious because i would love to go 1000w but im scared, i have a smrt meter!!
Tell me what you think

thanks

600 watt HPS is twice as many lumens for one and a haf times the power. It is even been proven to be more efficient than a 1,000 watt as far as watt to lumen ratio is concerned. In my experience there is a huge difference between the results of a 400 and a 600. A 600 watt light or a 1,000 watt light wil never be noticed by a power company, it is hwne you get into using many of these lights that you have to worry. But I have never heard of someone being busted using a single 1,000 watt ight because of their power consumption.

would i need just the ballast or anew socket and cables also

thanks

NYC Diesel x Jack etc etc gave you a solid answer on your original question. It is what it is and can't be disputed. In a lumens per watt comparison, 600 watts is the most efficient.

You would however require a new ballast to switch to 600 watts from 400 watts. You would not need to replace the wiring or sockets.

drewski702 said:
a 600 watt will only cost around $50 a mo. to run

:confused: I ran a 600 and it only ran me around $15 a month.

I run 2 1000k's now, 2 A/C's, and my bill has only gone up 60-75 a month.

As long as you pay your bill there is NO reason your utility company will bother with you + you are making them $, when it comes to the dollar bill, well....

Most electronics nowadays Big Screens, Central A/C (needed here in N.CA.) ,XBox's, PS's, etc... All of these are amperage hogs too. The last thing I would worry about would be your power bill :hubba: imo....

Latest posts

Back