Male auto pollen when?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherwoodForest

Reaction score
My male auto plant looks to be getting sacks very fast. How long do I have before it starts to burst and pollenate the girls?

I just saw that my g13 quicksilver turned male yesterday. two days ago i watered and transplanted. i inspected it then and it didnt have any signs of sex other than the maturity spikes at the nodes. 24hrs later it had 4 balls on the first node, 12 on the 2nd, and like 20 on the top of the plant. all in one dark period. sucks cause it was my only freebie but o well.

My Quicksilver is still ok, but now I have 2 of the Poison dwarfs that are male.

Well, if it is a true autoflowering strain, a rudellis cross, then you have very little time.
The green pendulous pre-flowers should turn white in a day or two and open another day or two after that. All things considered, you have around a week....I'm guessing.

If you are so inclined, and have the patience, you can use a very small pair of manicurist scissors, and castrate the boys as you see the balls emerge. Not sure why you want to keep the boys at all.

I have done this castrating in the past, for other hort endeavors, always find myself involuntarily crossing my legs while doing this.

Latest posts

Back