Advertise On Marijuana Passion

marijuana smell gone ?

bud boy

Reaction score
i have plants that r well into flowering, they smelled so good an then i went away for 3 weeks when i came back they look more better but the smell has dissapeared :s anyone kno why? and does this mean that its weak?

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
There are strains that have very low odor and pack a punch. The aroma is really dictated by the strain. Those characteristics are bred into it. B. Grunt told me his Papaya smells like Fresh cut Pumpkins. I wouldn't take aroma as a sign of potency. Skunk you can smell clear across the house in flower. Yet NL I barely smell. Still both great strains.
Grow it out. It'll be good bud. IMO

LdyLunatic

i wanna be cool too!
Reaction score
i have even had some pot lose its smell after drying....but when you cut it...DAMN....the aromas flow...for sure...what Mutt said...grow it :D

toddypotseed

Reaction score
eventhough you went away for a spell you may have become imune to the smell meaning you smell something all the time and then it loses it power

Skinmaster

Reaction score
Hi Bud Boy

The reason for the lack of aroma, could be down to the fact that many strains will go through possibly 1, 2, or even 3 PHASES.
The PHASES are when the pistels (hairs) appear to die, from the bottom - up.
In theory, the plant has prematurely matured, having swollen the bud and produced some crystals.
Depending at what point in this process the plant is in, can make a big difference in aroma.
I've had it, where they seemed to smell every other day!!!
All I can say is that different strains, behave in different ways - you may find it helpfull to look into more information regarding your particular strain.

Good luck... and don't worry, as long as they look healthy,... your doing alright!

:rolleyes: The Skinmaster :rolleyes:

GreenDayGirl

"Ganja Chickie"
Reaction score
I miss that smell too. Ever since I harvested, it's gone, gone, gone! Grow faster little ones! Grow fast!

Latest posts