mh and hps for flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrungBuk

Reaction score
ok i figured out that i want to get three lights one for veg(mh) and two for flower(either two hps or one hps and one mh) but im not sure what watts to get for either

Size of your veg. and grow room would be helpfull.

sorry i usually put dimensions 4x4x9 and im thinking about getting a 1000 watt mh and 2 600 watt hps

what you guys think

it would be cheaper if you just a got a 1000 w hps, but if you need 2 lights b/c of room issues, do that but it seems like a waste of a couple hundred bucks

ya i just thought about it and wow that was dumb i figured to get a 400 watt mh and a 1000 watt hps

with a good reflector hood. You can do more with less light (and electricity) if you get a good reflector for your bulb.:bong1:

Grow Journal 017.jpg

You could get one ballast that does both and a good reflector. I am thinking about getting a lumetek digital ballast. They say you can run both mh and hps bulbs with them. I am going to get a 400 watt and mh bulb to add to my 600 watt hps for flowering. I already have a 1000 watt mh ballast that I use for veg sometimes. Usually I just veg under my 250 mh and then run my flowering most of the time. I have a 3x6x6 flower area and then a seperate veg area for my moms, clones and seedlings.

I usually try to double the amount of light in my flower room verses my veg room.

4x4 is 16 sq feet. a 1000w hps will kickass in 16sq ft. It'll be all you need in the flower room.

Latest posts

Back