MH conversion bulb for flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blunted

Reaction score
I was given a 400 watt HPS lamp and the bulb is fat and round, so I'm assuming its a MH conversion bulb. My girl is in her 5th week of flowering under it, and the buds are looking good, she should cap around week 10. I plan on buying a flowering bulb but funds are tight atm, as I plan to buy a nice one. This is my first grow so Im not really sure what to do......Is there going to be a huge difference between the two bulbs? I dont want to sit here afterward and thinking what she could have been. Should I just bite the bullet and buy the bulb?

Yes you need more red spectrum light during flower and more blue/white during veg. You will get a harvest but you'll get twice the harvest with an HPS

:welcome: to MP,if your bulb emits blue light its a MH,a HPS bulb puts out an orange-yellow light color,u can finish the whole grow w/ a MH,but a HPS has a better spectrum for flowering and puts out more lum.

Latest posts

Back