MH for flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
I recently bought a T5 to veg under (love it), and now have a spare 400 watt MH light. Would it hurt, confuse plants to add the MH to my flower room? I figured it would just be more lumens , but wasn't sure if introducing a new spectrum to late flower plants under strictly HPS would have any unforseen adverse effects?

It will not hurt unless it runs the heat up....... I've seen both used at the same time in flower rooms which have the space to allow.

greater k coverage is a good thing, even in bloom. Other then addtiional heat like G13 said. more light = better/improved yield ime.
:peace:

They make mixed spectrum bulbs to flower that some growers are very fond of. I don't think that you will have any ill effects if you can keep the heat in check.

yeah I use to use the horti's (with improved blue spectrum for hps) but man, now that I use 1000bulbs.com, I've never looked back. $30 vs $ 125.00. You make the call...

Latest posts

Back