Mh Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puffdog

Reaction score
Just got my econo 400watt hps system from insidesun today and it came with the conversion MH bulb. My question is should there be any rattling around inside the bulb (MH)? I don't see anything broken but there is a little rattle to it. Just wondering if that is normal or not.

My hps bulb has a little rattle to it, infact I believe all the bulbs I've used have had a rattle to them. But, thats HPS, I dont own a MH

If your moving it around yes it will rattle. Its the Quartz arc tube and tungesten. they are thin. So be very gentle with them as they are fragile.
Always use a clean lint free cloth when screwing them in. Absoluteley no finger prints or oil from the skin should be on the bulb as it will blow.

If there is a rattle whether the ballast or socket when its running, then keep an eye on it as it should only hum a little not rattle.

Thanks again Mutt and you also Justawannabe.

having a little bit of an electrical background I'm going to say a little rattle is normal especially when starting up. there are lots of little pieces that are in that bulb that loosen up and vibrate against each other.....hence the rattle.

Latest posts

Back