Michigan's medical marijuana profit: $8 million

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NorCalHal said:
You gotta understand what I have seen in the last 12 months out on the left coast man.

It IS an Industry...don't fool yourself. Get in while you can...Big Pharma is comin' and they are going to take over and we will all be screwed....I say 5-8 years....there will be no more debate, because we will have lost control.

The only way to win is to set up a MMJ Biz and get cashed out when Big Pharma comes and buys everyone out and assumes control. Mark my words folks.....it's coming.

This truly sounds like a salesman's standpoint, and gives me a little understanding in where your thoughts are. I think I see it now.

If you're worried about making a living, then yes, big pharma will ultimately take this from you. However, most of us are more concerned with being free to USE as we wish, to grow our own and to enjoy! Big pharma won't be stopping this, just the profiting off mmj

NorCalHal said:
It IS NOT just about helping sick and deathly folks get herb, it's about protecting everyday citizens from arrest.....and if you don't believe that, then you are the problem.

I'm all for this, please tell me how breaking laws will bring us to this end?

Big pharma won't be stopping this, just the profiting off mmj
If Big Pharma gets a hold of it we won't have any freedom. FDA will gain full control and it will be formulated into a bottle and require similar regulation to all controlled substances. We will not be able to grow. We will not be able to possess without a prescription. It will be for the worse not the better.

I don't see it this way!

Local govt already has made a statement...we don't want to spend taxpayer money to control something when it isn't needed. I HIGHLY doubt local govt will change their stance (unless everyone screws it up, of course) just so big pharma can take over, they'll still not desire wasting time, money and jail space.

I loved the statement made in one of the news stories where the local govt guy said (basically) feds can suck garbage water, state law trumps (loosely translated lol).

And it doesn't sound like an IF, I think I already read where the Danish have approved big pharma's newest product to this end?

Roddy, from what I understand on what you have posted, when it comes to people doing something illegal with an MMJ script, you blame the MMJ laws and the system that created it. Not the retards that are breaking the law.

That is as silly as blaming the guns for killing people and not the person that pulled the trigger.

If you really want to see MJ legal, then fighting MMJ until it is will be counter productive. If you stand on a soapbox talking about how criminals abuse MMJ all people will hear is MMJ produces criminals. MMJ protects me and thousands of other people. My problems are not of your concern, they are between me and my doctor.

Confidentiality is not just my right to privacy. Patient/Doctor confidentiality is one of the most restricted and respected laws in this country. As an combat medic vet, I understand the reasons for these laws and support them. The only person who can say someone is not worthy of a MMJ card is the doctor. Not the government, not the politicians, and certainly not you.

Without MMJ, thousands of people, myself included, would be putting their lives at risk every day for either smoking or growing. With MMJ people don't have to worry about putting the business, family, reputation, assets, and personal safety at risk from both the cops AND from shady dealers.

I honestly give a rats *** if people use MMJ as a cover.
1) What they do is not my concern if they don't harm anyone.
2) Having MJ become increasingly familiar throughout the country is needed if MJ is ever going to become legal.
3) It helps keep people out of prison meaning they don't use my tax dollars in the court and prison system.

I could go on, but I just want to mention that unjust laws create outlaws amongst honest men. Our country was founded with rebellious outlaws. I consider not questioning and challenging the laws unpatriotic. How can you fight unjust laws if you accept them all as good? MMJ was created to help fight the anti-MJ laws that were created first!

If you believe that MMJ has created a means for people to be criminals you are fooling yourself. The people will still do what they want. I say applaud them for trying to be as legit as possible. They payed for the trip to the Docs, and they pay the price every day of having lost the right to privacy by having their name on a list controlled by the state.

If people without MMJ get in trouble, do you blame them for being criminals or the laws that created them? You support legalizing MJ, smoke MJ, but do you have an MMJ card? If no, then you are just as much a criminal as the next guy, and if yes, then you are protected by the same laws you argue are "loopholes for criminals" to become legal citizens.

Erbal said:
Roddy, from what I understand on what you have posted, when it comes to people doing something illegal with an MMJ script, you blame the MMJ laws and the system that created it. Not the retards that are breaking the law.

That is as silly as blaming the guns for killing people and not the person that pulled the trigger.

If you really want to see MJ legal, then fighting MMJ until it is will be counter productive. If you stand on a soapbox talking about how criminals abuse MMJ all people will hear is MMJ produces criminals. MMJ protects me and thousands of other people. My problems are not of your concern, they are between me and my doctor.

Confidentiality is not just my right to privacy. Patient/Doctor confidentiality is one of the most restricted and respected laws in this country. As an combat medic vet, I understand the reasons for these laws and support them. The only person who can say someone is not worthy of a MMJ card is the doctor. Not the government, not the politicians, and certainly not you.

Without MMJ, thousands of people, myself included, would be putting their lives at risk every day for either smoking or growing. With MMJ people don't have to worry about putting the business, family, reputation, assets, and personal safety at risk from both the cops AND from shady dealers.

I honestly give a rats *** if people use MMJ as a cover.
1) What they do is not my concern if they don't harm anyone.
2) Having MJ become increasingly familiar throughout the country is needed if MJ is ever going to become legal.
3) It helps keep people out of prison meaning they don't use my tax dollars in the court and prison system.

I could go on, but I just want to mention that unjust laws create outlaws amongst honest men. Our country was founded with rebellious outlaws. I consider not questioning and challenging the laws unpatriotic. How can you fight unjust laws if you accept them all as good? MMJ was created to help fight the anti-MJ laws that were created first!

If you believe that MMJ has created a means for people to be criminals you are fooling yourself. The people will still do what they want. I say applaud them for trying to be as legit as possible. They payed for the trip to the Docs, and they pay the price every day of having lost the right to privacy by having their name on a list controlled by the state.

If people without MMJ get in trouble, do you blame them for being criminals or the laws that created them? You support legalizing MJ, smoke MJ, but do you have an MMJ card? If no, then you are just as much a criminal as the next guy, and if yes, then you are protected by the same laws you argue are "loopholes for criminals" to become legal citizens.

Methinks thou protests too much.... ;)

Reading your rant tells me you have no clue what I post....maybe read some of them and then protest more?

Roddy said:
Methinks thou protests too much.... ;)

Reading your rant tells me you have no clue what I post....maybe read some of them and then protest more?

What????? Erbal just did a great job summing all that up and that is how you respond? You gotta be kidding. Your own posts seem contradictory at times.
You strike me as the guy who just can't be wrong....when someone points out valid points you dismiss them with "you hve no clue".

:doh:

roddy you obviously have a card. i also do. so if i grow and have overages and dont wana kep them am i a criminal for getting rid of it???? and like hamster said you have ran your self in a circle. i understand the frustration you have with people getting caught violating laws. them are the people that make us look bad. but to say that they are gunna crack down i am a 22 year old that has a condition that would have me taking opiates the rest of my life. pain is also different in everyone so how can you argue the point that some people dont need a card. how do you know how they feel pain? i just dont understand some of the things you say about this the more people who get a card and dont break the laws and get caught the better for mj in general!! have a good day my friend

Erbal said:
I consider not questioning and challenging the laws unpatriotic

Excellent view :aok:
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.-Thomas Jefferson

Im lucky enough not to have a condition that would allow me a MMJ card.

And i feel i have every right to grow and smoke the same as someone who does have a card

The doc I got my recommendation from said "I'm not turning anyone down even if I have to make something up. I'd rather see folks getting high than drinking." It's all about the freedom to choose, if we are allowed to kill ourselves with alcohol we should also be able catch a much safer buzz with weed.

Roddy said:
I loved the statement made in one of the news stories where the local govt guy said (basically) feds can suck garbage water, state law trumps

Yes it is in the constitution that states hold that power....until they declared it a "War" on drugs.
This is were the debate comes
Firstly
due to Clause 2 of the 4th article of the constitution. Feds keep control.
It requires the Federal Govt. to protect us from invasion.
Certain words have been used by the leaders over the years such as "drug violence". This and the declaration of War put it completely in the federals hands.
secondly
Article 6 of the constitution states
Clause two provides that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land. It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme law; in case of conflict between federal and state law, the federal law must be applied. Even state constitutions are subordinate to federal law.

Now as a Libertarian, I beleive It should be the rights of the states to handle domestic issues and consider federal prohibition against our constitution (from a libertarian perspective), but if you look at the evolution of marijuana prohibition. It was not law of the land. feds pressured it over time and more and more states adopted it then it became federal law of the land. Thus article 6 took hold. Article four addresses the "War" on drugs.

So really there are two articles that the feds can use to support trumping state law, but article four can bite em too as it should be a states right issue. Not dealt with on a federal level.

It's how it manifested is why it is now the way it is. It's not something the feds just said "hey it's now law"

Hamster Lewis said:
What????? Erbal just did a great job summing all that up and that is how you respond? You gotta be kidding. Your own posts seem contradictory at times.
You strike me as the guy who just can't be wrong....when someone points out valid points you dismiss them with "you hve no clue".

:doh:
He said right off that I am against MMJ....against legalizing MJ for that matter. Either he has no clue as to my posts or he's arguing to argue. Yes, exactly how I'll respond.

jc2010 said:
roddy you obviously have a card. i also do. so if i grow and have overages and dont wana kep them am i a criminal for getting rid of it???? and like hamster said you have ran your self in a circle. i understand the frustration you have with people getting caught violating laws. them are the people that make us look bad. but to say that they are gunna crack down i am a 22 year old that has a condition that would have me taking opiates the rest of my life. pain is also different in everyone so how can you argue the point that some people dont need a card. how do you know how they feel pain? i just dont understand some of the things you say about this the more people who get a card and dont break the laws and get caught the better for mj in general!! have a good day my friend
Let me be as clear as possible....ANYONE taking advantage of the law in a way that HURTS the legalization move....I am against.

Do you have a copy of your state's law? If you read it and it says you are not allowed to sell for any reason, then you're a criminal. However, I would guess this isn't the case and you know this? WWWWAAAAYYYYYY back in the beginning, I said I was all for being able to recoup...I hope one day I can...one day!

Some of you seem to not read my posts...that's cool! ;)

Mutt said:
Excellent view :aok:
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.-Thomas Jefferson
Questioning and challenging laws can be done LEGALLY...not very hard to do actually!

dman1234 said:
Im lucky enough not to have a condition that would allow me a MMJ card.

And i feel i have every right to grow and smoke the same as someone who does have a card
And I hope that, one day soon, you can do so without fear of the law kicking your door down!

Mutt said:
Yes it is in the constitution that states hold that power....until they declared it a "War" on drugs.
This is were the debate comes
Firstly
due to Clause 2 of the 4th article of the constitution. Feds keep control.
It requires the Federal Govt. to protect us from invasion.
Certain words have been used by the leaders over the years such as "drug violence". This and the declaration of War put it completely in the federals hands.
secondly
Article 6 of the constitution states
Clause two provides that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land. It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme law; in case of conflict between federal and state law, the federal law must be applied. Even state constitutions are subordinate to federal law.

Now as a Libertarian, I beleive It should be the rights of the states to handle domestic issues and consider federal prohibition against our constitution (from a libertarian perspective), but if you look at the evolution of marijuana prohibition. It was not law of the land. feds pressured it over time and more and more states adopted it then it became federal law of the land. Thus article 6 took hold. Article four addresses the "War" on drugs.

So really there are two articles that the feds can use to support trumping state law, but article four can bite em too as it should be a states right issue. Not dealt with on a federal level.

It's how it manifested is why it is now the way it is. It's not something the feds just said "hey it's now law"
Yep, we lost our rights slowly over time. This is, as I see it, how we'll gain them back as well...slow and sure! Hopefully, we'll get that chance, at least....

your really gonna love me...:p

i'm just an old outlaw. i've been signing petitions every year since 69 advocating for decrim. i never seen one that said mmj on it before. sounds like a generation gap stand off going on, and its ok. were all on board for the same ride, heading to the same place.

you don't expect the bus to stop so you can get off halfway to a skynard concert now do ya?;)

roddy, ya said that ya praise the local gov because they worked long and hard to get us to this point today.

well listen here, it was not the gov that did a damn thing but give me some grief, and that aint changed to this day, cause they still dont wanna hear us til its time to pick up thier fat checks!

it was old heads like myself and many others here who have been persistant in keeping it in thier faces. and they were to scared to do anything after we gathered the sigs to have them put it to a vote. they were worried they would be blackballed by thier peers, and lose those fat checks if they stood out as a pioneer, and really listened to those that put them in a position to be a voice for the people!

nope, they deserve no praise, and will get none from me and many others. i've spent 42 years rallying for the decrim of mj for everyone. finally in 08, in the state of michigan, we came togeather and voted in mmj as a state. we did that! our local gov had nothing to do with it no more. (they had many many chances too).

it was an overwhelming vote of 64% of the people of the state that deserve the praise brother. (welcome to the outlaw rodeo. bet i can ride it longer than 8 seconds)!;) :hubba:

peace...

nova564t said:
The doc I got my recommendation from said "I'm not turning anyone down even if I have to make something up. I'd rather see folks getting high than drinking." It's all about the freedom to choose, if we are allowed to kill ourselves with alcohol we should also be able catch a much safer buzz with weed.

Wait...didn't I say this was happening and I was shouted at for saying so?

Look, I am not against anyone and everyone getting their cards....just that it truly looks bad when something like this happens. It's going to take years and years (imho) for the legalization to happen, a lot of bad things happening could derail it altogether...just saying. Form your own opinion from that and realize I am against no one at all smoking for fun or need.

You guys got me all paranoid now. I think the cops are at the door....:shocked:

Irish said:
your really gonna love me...:p

i'm just an old outlaw. i've been signing petitions every year since 69 advocating for decrim. i never seen one that said mmj on it before. sounds like a generation gap stand off going on, and its ok. were all on board for the same ride, heading to the same place.

you don't expect the bus to stop so you can get off halfway to a skynard concert now do ya?;)

roddy, ya said that ya praise the local gov because they worked long and hard to get us to this point today.

well listen here, it was not the gov that did a damn thing but give me some grief, and that aint changed to this day, cause they still dont wanna hear us til its time to pick up thier fat checks!

it was old heads like myself and many others here who have been persistant in keeping it in thier faces. and they were to scared to do anything after we gathered the sigs to have them put it to a vote. they were worried they would be blackballed by thier peers, and lose those fat checks if they stood out as a pioneer, and really listened to those that put them in a position to be a voice for the people!

nope, they deserve no praise, and will get none from me and many others. i've spent 42 years rallying for the decrim of mj for everyone. finally in 08, in the state of michigan, we came togeather and voted in mmj as a state. we did that! our local gov had nothing to do with it no more. (they had many many chances too).

it was an overwhelming vote of 64% of the people of the state that deserve the praise brother. (welcome to the outlaw rodeo. bet i can ride it longer than 8 seconds)!;) :hubba:

peace...

I bet we've brushed shoulders at many a NORML event....maybe even at the Hash Bash which I attend yearly! ;)

I said the Cali govt deserves praise and I will still say so...as well as Michigan! I praise that someone had the guts to listen to us and put the issue to vote so we could pass it. I praise those in govt who aren't close-minded and didn't just shoot this all down before it could get footing. I praise Michigan for FINALLY finding a way to ease our debt without taking more and more from us....WOW! They actually listened and are now enjoying the needed easing to our economic woes...somewhat!

Roddy said:
Questioning and challenging laws can be done LEGALLY...not very hard to do actually!

without outlaws the laws would not be questioned ;) outlaws bring the problem to the light. outlaws push the bar. MMJ someone was sick and broke the law prompting law abiding citizens to do something.

I am just an old school hell raiser I guess. I have no use for laws that tell me how to live. If I infringe upon someone else...then yes those laws I should respect. but as for most of the laws...screw em. I do as I please.

Mutt said:
I have no use for laws that tell me how to live. If I infringe upon someone else...then yes those laws I should respect. but as for most of the laws...screw em. I do as I please.

Well said Mutt.

Call me a wimp, but I did as much time as I wish to, any law changing I attempt will be lawfully! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back