micro grow with cfl's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojoeGrowSomeMo'

micro grower
Reaction score
So my friend recently purchased 5 acres in fl and he noticed that there was a plant growing under his porch steps.

Now i've been thinking of starting my own garden for a while now and when he told me what he found and that his wife was going to make him chop it i HAD to intervene. i have never grown before but i do a lot of research (or surfing, whatever u want to call it)on the net so hopefully i will be extremly high at the end of this learning experiance.

So i went to pick "her" up (hoping it was female) and i found a plant struggling to get light from uder those steps. Diagnosis: approx. 12" in height, single main stem,no branches and only 3 sets of leaves. Looks healthy though. Best i could figure it about 3-4 weeks old...seeing as how it must have been a seed that just fell on the ground w/ no tlc.

Now i got her at home in the window until i can gather all proper materials. She sits on the window for 3 days in the dirt i transplanted her in.... Now i have good soil MG 3 month fert./pearlite/peatmoss mix. 42w cfl and fan. when i transplanted her into good soil i decided to bend the stem 90 degrees cuz she's so lanky and i dont have vertical space. anyway i made my grow box 7.17.2008 and now she is confirmed female and is under 2 42w cfl and 100w 3 foot 2 lamp strip light flouros. I have the lights @ 24/0. her home is 2'deep x 3'long x 5'high. temp/hum. 82/40. approx. day 54

Let me know what you think and any advice is welcome.

mauma july 21,2008  (2).JPG

look like its doin pretty good. how close are your lights? also becareful with that soil, everytime you water it releases nutes to your plant, do not feed for 3 months, and becareful not to over water.

Day 54? Is this how long you have had her in veg or just an estimate of her age? How tall is she? Plants will generally double or triple in height after being put in 12/12, so plan accordingly. I would recommend a HPS for flowering. The difference in yield is substantial.

It looks like you did a great job of nursing her back to health.

She looks OK so far to me there may be some getting used to after the soil switch but she should survive it well enough shes big enough too from the looks of things. Nice idea to LST her too that will promote the side branching on her to produce even more buds :aok: MOJO for the grow man. and :welcome: to MP :ciao:

thanks slowmo. i have the lights 2" inches from her. 200ml water a day. and i noticed the danger in MG soil the 3rd day she was in it...her tips were burnin up, so i mixed pearlite and peatmoss to lighten the soil and the balance seems to be working well, no more yellow tips.

i would let it dry out between waterin, i wait till my plants start to droop before i water again... but i've had some over waterin issues in the past. good luck

Sounds good man, but try to water a little less. Believe it or not the MJ plant likes its roots dry for a little for oxygen. Your plants will look like their drooping, but water them and wait 3 hours, they literally SPRING up. Try to buy some fox farms ocean forest soil and their 3 part feeding system. The micro organisms in the soil are amazing and automatically remove wastes and they are little mini pH monitors...and at 15 bucks for enough soil to grow like 5 medium sized plants it's amazing and 100% organic. This also will eliminate ALL nute problems forever (unless you manually overfeed with your fox farms) but trust me, EVERYONE who I suggest FFOF soil to LOVES IT! And so do the MJ :). Good luck, keep it safe and HAPPY GROWING :)

Day 54? Is this how long you have had her in veg or just an estimate of her age? How tall is she? Plants will generally double or triple in height after being put in 12/12, so plan accordingly. I would recommend a HPS for flowering. The difference in yield is substantial.

It looks like you did a great job of nursing her back to health.

hemp goddess: day 54 is approx. total age cuz she was an "accident". found her at my friends under the steps. at that time she was about a foot tall with only 3 sets of leaves now she is 13" tall (with LST) a crap load of leves and branching at every new leaf growth.

Wow, i didnt know they still grew so much during flower. good to keep in mind.

PICT0045.JPG

PICT0047.JPG

She looks great man! Try to bend her back the other way now that side branching will just be great. Also make sure not to cut off fam leaves at the bottom as they are the plants food making source LOL no big deal man. Great grow, start a grow journal!

thanks Dom. but i didnt cut those leaves off...she never had any that low cuz she started growin under steps outside with hardly any light... so she stretched

Latest posts

Back