mineral water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Big Dave x

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just planted some seedlings and because I couldn't find my PH meter I trusted a few bottles of mineral water for the watering. Just read up about how the PH of min water is around 7 or more, should I be worried? they've been in for about 48hrs and had 2 light doses of water but now I can't get back to them till tomorrow. I guess it's a bit late now and im going to make sure I test the PH with the next watering and it should be tap water from here on in. Im just a bit worried I may have given them a bad start or even worse killed a few.

Anyone used Mineral water on seedlings without disastrous effects?

I certainly would not be using mineral water--has nothing to do with the pH, but the fact that it contains salts and minerals. Use either distilled or RO water.

Cheers THG :) I've learnt my lesson, tomorrow i'll give 'em a nice dose of PH checked tap water.

Tap water will have more minerals in it than mineral water will. Mineral water won't hurt your plants. Only if you watered them with mineral water for a long enough time to cause a salt build up in the soil would you have a problem.

Cheers Tater, least my mind has been put at ease!

As odd as this may sound the area I have to grow doesn't have anywhere to throw away used water. I have a tap and thats it, I believe the best way to get rid of sediment in tap water is to let it run for 30secs but this isn't really an option for me. Now im going to worry about salt build up! :(

I have 1 window, but this is in open view of a lot of other houses which I don't fancy having people see me dashing water out of! hmmm guess i'll have to sort something out. Thanks though, least they should still be alive when I go see 'em tomorrow.

KC Brains swears by mineral water, for those who don't know, he developed Mango, leda uno, kc33, and many others...he says mineral water is like steroids for your plant...I use to use it when I grew outdoors

legalize_freedom said:
KC Brains swears by mineral water, for those who don't know, he developed Mango, leda uno, kc33, and many others...he says mineral water is like steroids for your plant...I use to use it when I grew outdoors

Really? as long as the salt build up is kept under control I guess... But yeah as for KC Brains I know of his reputation and so wouldn't doubt his words of wisdom.. Bottom line is I guess i haven't done the babies any serious harm :)

Latest posts

Back