Mite problem late into flowering HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
Im have about one to two weeks left into flowering and spider mites have attacked my mite strong and most of the leaves are yellowing

wikkedsun said:
Im have about one to two weeks left into flowering and spider mites have attacked my mite strong and most of the leaves are yellowing
I had the very same problem.I ended up harvesting my ladies early.Which I wasnt happy about,But had to because I had a infestation.Well first off you dont want to put ANYTHING or spray ANYTHING on your buds,this close to harvest.When you do harvest most of them mites will try to leave the plants and try to find new plants,so when you have the plants hanging put abunch of two sided sticky type on the strings that is hanging the buds and they will get caught on the tape when they try to leave.After all that is said and done.You must clean,clean and clean EVERYTHING.This is a must,because the mites will go and hide,hybernate and wait until the conditions are right again then they will come out and you will have the same problem.After you clean ALL your things,use a bomb.I used one that is called Dr.Doom,very good.I only had to use that once.But after you use this bomb,clean again to get all the residue off your things and just for a good messure.I hope this helps you and I hope you get rid of these mites,they are a crop KILLER.Keep us posted on how things work out for you.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

berserker71 said:
I had the very same problem.I ended up harvesting my ladies early.Which I wasnt happy about,But had to because I had a infestation.Well first off you dont want to put ANYTHING or spray ANYTHING on your buds,this close to harvest.When you do harvest most of them mites will try to leave the plants and try to find new plants,so when you have the plants hanging put abunch of two sided sticky type on the strings that is hanging the buds and they will get caught on the tape when they try to leave.After all that is said and done.You must clean,clean and clean EVERYTHING.This is a must,because the mites will go and hide,hybernate and wait until the conditions are right again then they will come out and you will have the same problem.After you clean ALL your things,use a bomb.I used one that is called Dr.Doom,very good.I only had to use that once.But after you use this bomb,clean again to get all the residue off your things and just for a good messure.I hope this helps you and I hope you get rid of these mites,they are a crop KILLER.Keep us posted on how things work out for you.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

I just pressed on through with the mites and used safer soap to keep them under control till harvest. I took clones and they had mites as well. Nothing and I mean nothing could knock them until I used a miticide called avid. NOw its kinda spendy but on ebay you can buy small portions from people. Its very very concentrated and ABSOLUTELY worked for me when NOTHING else would. Good luck.

Stunzeed.

wikkedsun said:

Have you thought about using a natural method, go green do a range of natural methods, for the spidermite you use predatory mite and that feeds upon the mites- worth a look!
Paul

Yeah, I got to admit that I like what Paul said about the idea of a natural kill. I sure hope you past this plague.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

:bong2: :bong2: The company is Just Green LTD and it is predomatry mite.
Good luck Mate Paul

I have some organic bug spray that is made up of cinnamon, rose oil and other complety harmless (to people) things. You can literally drink this without any ill effects (providing you're not allergic to anything in there!) And it works too. If you're interested, I can give you the name of it when I get a chance.

Pred Mites are a good idea......... If you dont wanna get rid of your spider mites. I promise you I had them horribly!!!!! So late into your cycle it will do little to nothing. Battle them with Safer Soap http://www.gardeningthings.com/sm/cimpublic/retrieve.cgi?catalog_id=1.21.37&OVRAW=safer%20soap%20insect&OVKEY=safer%20soap%20insect&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=5878769022&OVKWID=50362571522

very lightly to keep them at bay until harvest. Then Spay the heck out of your room with this http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?item_id=1377

Avid Miticide. Is it expensive? Hell yeah but it worked on the worst of the worst rooms and will last forever. Here is a way to get it cheaper http://cgi.ebay.com/Avid-Insecticide-1oz-Dropper-Bottle_W0QQitemZ130129298680QQihZ003QQcategoryZ75640QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

Stunzeed..

thanks a lot you guys. have u heard anything of filling a one gallon jug with like 3 pills or aspirin then shaking it up and spraying the leaves and plant pre flowering stage? supposedly the mites wont eat the leaves and theyll stay away from the plants?

wikkedsun said:
thanks a lot you guys. have u heard anything of filling a one gallon jug with like 3 pills or aspirin then shaking it up and spraying the leaves and plant pre flowering stage? supposedly the mites wont eat the leaves and theyll stay away from the plants?

Didnt work for me.

Stunzeed..

Avid is poisonous to humans... it cannot be used during flowering unless you plan on sitting the harvest out to the air for 4-6 weeks for it to break down.

KADE said:
Avid is poisonous to humans... it cannot be used during flowering unless you plan on sitting the harvest out to the air for 4-6 weeks for it to break down.

Thats right. Thats why I said use safer soap until you harvest and spray the room and your clones with avid.

Stunzeed..

dam mites always a bring down,,, good luck

stunzeed said:
Thats right. Thats why I said use safer soap until you harvest and spray the room and your clones with avid.

Stunzeed..
I've found isopropyl alcohol to be as effective as "Safers" ..and leaves less residue on the flowers to smoke.

Latest posts

Back