mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr103

Reaction score
I had a question for anyone who would know. If you have a small clone in a rockwool cube, and you find some mites on the clone, can the mites get into the rockwool? I was going to try to save these clones I got, but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk. They're small clones, and I'm pretty sure that I can get all of the mites off of them, but I wanted to make sure that none of the mites would enter the rockwool. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't since they feed off plants, but better safe than sorry.

I dont think the mites would get into the rockwool. I would treat the clones and you should be ok. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

i got mites with rockwool once. get rid of the ones on the plant(and room possibly) and they will be gone...but that is no easy task if you got em very bad, good luck

I've only found one, and got rid of it quickly. Haven't found any more. Thanks.

wow man, i thought i inpected my plants good. if you found one mite, either your very lucky, it wasnt a "spider-mite," or the many eggs and little ones cant be seen yet. did you see it naked or with a scope, cause i gotta use a mag. glass to see um but my eyes arent too great. i sure hope you got no more, glad it wasnt infested.

I used a 30x magnifying glass. It didn't look like a spider mite, but it was small enough to be some kind of mite. I've had spider mites in the past and I won't even mess with them. I've thrown out entire crops over spider mites.

I just got done erradicating a spider-mite infestation in my grow.

I used a product called Bio-Neem. which is an organic insecticide.

Safer Bio-Neem said:
BioNeem is a new botanical insecticide that offers broad range insect control. Its active ingredient Azadirachtin is harvested from the seeds of the Neem trees of Southern Asia, Africa, and Australia. While the benefits of this renewable resource have been known for over 4000 years, BioNeem is the most exciting new development to come from the Neem tree, and offers tremendous potential for home pest control. BioNeem acts as a growth regulator interrupting the insect's growth cycle resulting in its death. This multipurpose product effectively controls more than 30 common pests, including aphids, whiteflies, gypsy moths, webworms, mealybugs, and caterpillars on ornamentals, flowers, trees, shrubs, and is now approved for food crops. Its active ingredient has very low toxicity ratings, and has no known insect resistance since it was developed 10 years ago.
Soft on beneficials. Residual 7-10 days.

Application rates: Approx. 6 tblsp/gallon of water; or 40/1. Use at 7 day intervals.

Here's what worked for me. I applied it to the plants twice in one week. The next week i emptied out my grow area, except the plants, and washed the grow area with a diluted solution! I waited about 2-3 hours and applied the solution again. I have seen no mites since!

Nova

Time to bust out the Avid. That is the only thing that EVER worked on mites for me!

I got mites once. Lost a lot. Learned a lot. Don't risk it. Then after 3 months they came back. After a paint job and some bleech I didn't hear from them again.

Im telling you guys....... AVID is the ONLY thing that works on a heavy infestation on your plants. Bleach is good for the room but trust me on the avid!!!!!

Stunzeed..

I'd say dont risk other plants if they are in the same room, do your best to take em off, and plant em outside somewhere (still always a chance for them, but least you 'may' have crop come out) but definitly wouldnt chance it, maybe eggs, and if u put em outside , spread em dont let em be beside each other, higher chance :)

IMO Not a pro:p

Latest posts

Back