MJ effects - newb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedthePeople

Reaction score
I have been reading all I can about "body" highs and "head" highs and I am a little confused. :)
This is what I got:
Body high is couch slug/deep thought high
Head high is a "clearer" high enabling more consious thought and functionality.
Sativa weed gives you more of a "body" high?
Indica gives you more of a "head" high?
Or does it have more to do with when you harvest it?

The reason I ask is I have had both experiences smoking weed many years ago, but back then I guess we never realized there were different types of weed for different highs. We just smoked whatever we bought and didn't question it.:D

BUT, after reading on this site, I now see I might be able to grow some weed that is "head high" weed. The main thing I want to avoid is I don't want to smoke and turn into a slug on the couch for hours on end.

Yep sativas are what you want. I call one couch lock-indica and the other paranoid weed-Sativa LOL I mean that in a good way. Harvest time can also affect feel just not as much. Longer you wait, more amber the trichs, the more body high. Good luck with your choice.

Any ideas at all yet?

indica is the couchlock...as harvest goes, is you harvest when trichomes are clear/cloudy=more head high, if you wait till cloudy/amber=more body high, all amber=hope you got a couple hours to sit!

Harvest time is important, look at trichomes, the more amber they are, the more they make you feel tired. (couch lock)

Another important factor is the strain, in general, sativa species give you the head high and indica species gives you the body high (couch lock).

Third factor is what you will expect, you may lapse into depression as well as be super positive. Your mental status also have an effect on the high.

Okay, so sativa is what I want. I think I had it backwards. Thanks!

Now I'll research and see what strains are sativas.
As far as the mental status factor, that should be a plus for me. I'm generally upbeat and love to laugh.
That is one of the main reasons my wife and I loved smoking pot when we first got married. It was a blast. We would have some friends over to play cards or grill out and get high. We would all laugh until we hurt.:D

i hear ya man. gotta look out for those indica's.

Latest posts

Back