Molasses and PH problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TentFarmer

Super Doobie
Reaction score
I'm running a 40g res for an ebb system. I purchased some Molasses to be used on the 3, 5 and 6th weeks of flowering.

I'm pretty deep into week 3 but am getting a lot of ph fluctuation. Yesterday it was in the high 6's and I adjusted it down to 6. This morning it is back to nearly 7. Rather than trying to keep adding ph down I will change my res tonight and start with freash water.

Anyone have suggestions as to how/why this would be happening?

Thanks

TF

Molasses has no place in hydroponics bro, that's strictly for organic gardening!!!

I use carboload in my res and it does some crazy things to the pH. At the beginning of the week the pH is always on the rise, but on the tail end of the week my pH start dropping. I just have to stay on top of it. Not sure about molasses but I have heard any simple carbs does this (molasses being a sugar).

how long do you go between res changes?

I bought a 40 gallon res and a 4x4 flood table, and will be going ebb and flow next grow.

Question:

When your on a flood cycle, does the water every get lower than the pump in the res? thanks in advance.

JBonez I have a buddy that runs ebb n flow and he has a similar set-up. What is the flow rate of your pump and what kind of time is it on?

i havent started using it yet. I just have the equipage in my grow room in a neat little pile. but my flow rate is 396,

im gonna do a 15m on, 3h off.

No it shouldn't that pump couldn't move enough water with a free and clear drain. I am not saying you need a bigger pump, I run 500 gph pumps on a 20 gallon res 24/7 and as long as the drain is clean I only see a 3-4 inch drop when I first fire it up.

don't use molasses who ever came up with that idea is a ******* moron....maybe next time just piss on um i hear that works...

I've been away from the board for a while. Not sure if any of these questions are still waiting to be answered. So here goes potentially nothing.

JBonez - My water doesn't go below the level of my pump. The table cannot hold enough water for that to happen. I guess if I only put 30 gallons in the res then it's possible but I keep it at an even 40. I generally change my water about once a week but sometimes I just top it off. Depends on my mood and what the plants are telling me.

bnightclown - I appreciate your desire to set this thread straight, I just wish you did it in a manner that doesn't make others desire to piss on your plants. Take a few puffs and a nap and I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.

Whitewidow - I'm doing a hydro organic grow. However whether its molasses or clearex, any sugar solution rots within a few days. Thus after flushing my plants for a few days, I tried 2 days of molasses water. I haven't got to taste any of that smoke yet (still drying) but I felt it would be a worthwhile experiment. Changing nuit water every few days would be a real hassle and anything rotting in my system could be disastrous. However since I do an INTENSE cleaning between grows, I felt the risk was worth the rewards.

I'll let you know if it did anything worthwhile.

Ive been using gen hydro's pineapple rush in my hydro since I plugged the pump in.2 tsp. per gallon,I am now in week 8 with 3-4 weeks to go.
I change my res every 7-10 days,havent really noticed to much trouble with it yet,but by the time to change is coming around I am seeing debris in the water,what is I do not know,it takes about 5 days before it shows itself.
I will post a report if it does alter the flavor of the smoke any.

Latest posts

Back