Molasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD NEW GUY

Reaction score
Does anyone have anh opinion on using blackstrap molasses as a bud sweetener? I'm in 2nd week of flower and would like to try unless someone has had a bad experience with it. Thanks;)

hello and welcome...you are going to to get some diffrent responses..I use it and I grow in soil..its great for Micros..look at bottom of page you will find simular questions and the threads..and in those you will find more..Grab you :bong1: or what ever "old new guys " use..and get to reading..lol..Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

:rofl: you only need one post..but you may have to wait a while for people to come visit okay

molasses is used as a beneficial for roots, not sure if it contributes to "sweetening" up the buds, but it couldnt hurt i suppose.

ive only heard of it helping weight, not taste.

I have used it on my last grow which turned out good. I am using it on my current grow which is a different plant. I hope I can compare the signifigance of the molasses. I think??? there is some additional reading on this subject. I am not sure where it is.:D green mojo for your grow

Seems the jury around here is still out on molasses.:rolleyes:

Hang tight--you'll get some differing opinion on this one.

OLD NEW GUY said:
Does anyone have anh opinion on using blackstrap molasses as a bud sweetener? I'm in 2nd week of flower and would like to try unless someone has had a bad experience with it. Thanks;)
many. varied "opinions"... there is an aricle on the "Resource" page (click lik in the toolbar above)..or hit the search feature with "molasses"..
"IMO".. it is beneficial to the soil, (microbial action) and chelates, but molasses in itself, does nothing for sweetening or flavor...

OLD NEW GUY said:
Does anyone have an opinion on using blackstrap molasses as a bud sweetener? I'm in 2nd week of flower and would like to try unless someone has had a bad experience with it. Thanks;)

I dont know if it will sweeten your buds. Interesting.
I do put a glug of mo in my compost tea to feed the benificials, tho.Then I spray my plants with the tea.

Lass

Like me its something I wanted to try in case it is beneficial, just used it along with my bloom booster feed and 2 days later no probs. I do see how it could lead to a gnat or other unwanted creature prob.

Latest posts

Back