Mold-Free & Storage Solutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with OG, If you are getting mold in them while curing then you are not drying right if it didn't have mold to start with.

I may suggest slowing down your initial drying process so you dont dry the outside to fast.

Also before putting them in jars permanently i spend a about a week of taking the buds out for 12 hours and in for 12 hours. That way while in the jar it rehydrates the outside from the inside of the bud and then when you take it out it dries off. That way you dry the inside as well. When the bud doesn't get so when on the outside you know the inside is dry.

I've been curing weed in mason jars for about 20 years. If it is dried and cured correctly, it can't and won't mold. I've found jars that had been misplaced, lost, or hidden for well over a year with NO mold, and very smooth and potent product.
Only If it is put in the jars without a proper dry, or if moisture is 'added', can it mold or rot. The jar is "sealed" from outside humidity.

How wet is wet anyways. I leave mine a little sticky, but I wouldn't consider that wet. And I've always thrown out any weed when any signs of discoloration seats in, even brown weed. But now I've learned that you can inspect your weed for mold & micro insects with a black-light. In fact I fear mold so much, that I only smoke green weed.

"Sticky" is completly different from "wet"
your best bet would be to dry your plants until the stems snap.

blondeboy said:
The strongest I've had was white widow that claimed to have 20% THC. I don't remember much after I smoked a joint, but the next day I woke up and my car was stollen. Needless to say, I stoped smoking White Widow before other things turned up missing. But I did a little research before purchasing this years order, and found that White Russian has 22% THC.

Hmmmmmmm.........

:yeahthat:

:rofl:

This guy is either another member playing us. Or a 16 year old that should not be self medicating.

:rofl:

blondeboy said:
The strongest I've had was white widow that claimed to have 20% THC. I don't remember much after I smoked a joint, but the next day I woke up and my car was stollen. Needless to say, I stoped smoking White Widow before other things turned up missing. But I did a little research before purchasing this years order, and found that White Russian has 22% THC.
Jose Quervo and a brunette dancing on the bar did that to me once in Guymon, OK.. :p I quit both of them to BB.

If you doon't own a hygrometer, and can use the levels from the sticky, it makes it difficult to explain, describe. I think it takes some "trial and error" to learn to get the 'feel' for the next step. (jarring/curing) Where "I" think you might be falling short BB, is 'burping' during the cure. Once you 'think' it is all done drying/curing, 'burp' the jars for 30 minutes p/day, for the next week. If EVER you detect an ammonia or urine like odor, remove it from the jars and allow it another 24 hours(at least) before re-jarring.

Hick said:
Jose Quervo and a brunette dancing on the bar did that to me once in Guymon, OK.. :p I quit both of them to BB.

THAT was YOU :eek: :giggle::rofl:?

Air the buds daily throughout the curing process and close em` back up in their jars for another 24hrs. Dry them first obviously, in a cool dark area.
Resin will most certainly not cause any mold to form, easily told apart from wet weed.:)

It is very commen for growers in my area to not dry and cure their buds properly and it drives me insane. I hate getting wet weed and it happens way too often. It sounds like you just arent drying the buds quite long enough before you are putting them into jars. I let the outsides of my buds get crispy and then when they are put into jars the moisture from the inside of the bud is pulled out and it gets to a nice perfect texture. If I find some that didnt dry long enough I just burp it extra long.

Ok Hick you may have a valid point and Im listening to you. The lids I bought suppose to burp themselves, and I heard them popping off several times a day, so I thought the lids were working properly and burping themselves. IDK! But, here is the scope of the problem. After curing, I placed entire branches of weed inside the jars, without breaking them down or removing them from the steams. After 3 months, the center of the branches turned black. From the outside, it looked perfectly green and healthy. Because the weed clump up so tight after awhile, it's hard to notice the mold from the outside. Mold had found the wettest and darkest place to form on the weed, in the center. I still don’t recommend leaving the weed with seeds & on steam. Large clumps left on the steams can’t be good either. I’m simply saying… break your weed down to a manageable size because the bigger the clumps the easier it is for mold to hide. And what ever you do, keep you sack of weed cool because the minute it turns slightly warm, it turns.

propper curing IMO means this.

you hang to dry, when buds are dry you can jar them, but the moisture in the stem will be drawn out into the buds, this is why dry buds in a jar get damp again,simply burping may not be enough, i open the jars for a few hours at a time, you can feel the bud dry out again, lid goes back on the jar, next day they are damp again, lid comes off for a few hours, keep doing this until you open the jar and the bud has remained dry while the lid was on, at this point you can open them for a quick burp every couple of days. if they remain dry all this time close the lid until your ready to smoke it.

another solution for BB may be to simply smoke more weed, then it wont sit around for 6 months.

You dont cure the buds still connected to the branches. That is problem right there.

i dont have any issues drying and curing, i dont brake buds down they stay attached to the branch, well a twig within the bud, not a branch.

My buddy brought me a jar of buds yesterday and she swore up and down that they were completely dry cause she knows how much I hate wet bud. So I opened the jar and what do you know it still has another day of drying to do before going back into the jar. Curing is pretty simple and easy but most people just dont understand the importance of a correct and proper cure or they just dont care. I think its mostly just a lack knowledge and impatience.

Latest posts

Back