Mold ..maybe Botrytis ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmansweed said:
Hydrogen Peroxide will muck up your soil life in my experiences. Whats the humidity at there? Hows the air circulation?
:ciao: Jman
Yes 100% correct brother.

The greenhouse has seen maybe 6hrs total direct sun in 1 month man :eek:
We have had record levels of rain and killed last years record by almost 1ft

Humidity, err well thats been at 90% and i don't remember the last time i saw it any lower.
"Apparently" this tomatoe based bacteria (stem rot) philem(sp) thrives where plants are in tight spaces and the pics included show a tomatoe plant with funky things happening to the stem but on the other side of the fence these plants have tomatoe blight "black mold on leaves" but lower down on the plants they also have no airflow over the fence because they are growing between the fence and an Old Camper Trailer. I guess this is a major contributor to the problem !

I have been trying to lower humidity and have had some success todays outside humidity was 78% and i achieved 57% those girls are dancing but with 1 less plant !

Thanks for the assistance jman ;)

Peace and take care THC

P3160945 (600x536).jpg

P3160944 (600x450) (2).jpg

Hushpuppy said:
I would hit them heavy with that sulphur stuff as I think you have a massive fungus attack that is showing up from all the rain that has unleashed spores into the general environment there.

The bad thing is that having the exausting fans (which is a must for temp and fresh air control) is pulling in more spore laden air. If you continue to have the rainy weather off-n-on, the fungus spores will keep flying and will continue to be drawn into the green house. The only thing that will stop that would be Hepa filtration. I hate to say such depressing stuff but I hope for the best for ya :)

Hey Hush thanks for calling in brother,

I hit 1 plant hard last night with the sulphur (foliar)
And i lost a bit more money. :rolleyes:

I have come to the conclusion that its going to be a race against time.
The mold may take a few more bud sites during the next 2-3 weeks or worst case scenario ...the whole plant :eek:

Either way my fan is pounding air into that box to keep humidity down.
If i lose 1 plant now :eek: ..I don't mind :eek: ,
I'm just happy that it did'nt show up during vege as i probably would'nt be disscussing this problem now ;)

Thanks again hush appreciated :)

kaotik said:
re; hydro peroxide
ozzy put me onto it for use to combat pm.. it's applied as a direct spray though (or i've seen jorge use it to bath plants in.. don't think i'd ever do that though ;) - you can search 'jorge pm bath' and find the vid)
it's not fed to the soil.

i can say i didn't notice any bad taste or anything from it. but it only worked as a stop gap though, had no lasting ability IME.

you don't have pm, or even budrot though.. looks like some straight up fungus attacking your stalk. dunno if it'd work for there.

i'm sorry i have nothing of experience for that.
got a hear-say remedy i'll reluctantly share :eek: ;
is ed rosenthal's zero tolerance available in Australia? the only time i've seen a similar case was in skunk mag, and they treated it with that (showing before and after, it looked like it worked.. still having damage but not spreading)

..like i say, that's no first hand though. don't want to send you off buying a hundred different products, but thought i'd atleast share.

i think you'll lose that branch, but hopefully you can figure a way to get the rest a bit farther.
good luck man.

Hiya Kaotic :D

Hehe i have a good laugh when i hear Jorge Cervantes name mentioned .
He was a friend to me here on my old account before the flooding arrived and i had strangers on my property!

He was banned from coming back to Australia for 7-10yrs he had a friend traveling with him and he stepped on a few toes :hubba:

Anyway thats another story.
I was reading a lil about hydro growers using hydrogen peroxide to cure a similar white mold "well its not really similar" but around the base of the plants "damping off as known in seedling stage " it seems to have postive results which is great for hydro growers;)

pcduck also offered some good advice and products as you have with Eds product.

This country is 3rd world brother or maybe even 4th ...yep 4th will do it:giggle:
Obtaining the products is'nt a problem.
Recieving the products is the key .
I don't have 1 month left of growing .
Boris will either finish around 2-3 weeks, or die trying :eek:
Trichomes are 70% clear but she is'nt fattening up because she has the disease crap as well :rolleyes:

Florida university done tests on a potatoe crop that was infected with philiem (sp) or stem rot and they used mancozeb "my product" mixed with some other funky savior and it reduced the spread of it but still did'nt fix it.

It killed all the potatoes in the testing area after nine months.
They fed it to rats at 500grams over a 2 yr period and they grew new ears ...something like that man. Probably would'nt want to eat to much of the stuff apparently :D

I have'nt soil fed the sulpher due to harvest or death around the corner .
And 4 ears would'nt look to good on me either ..although i may fit into certain circles !

Thanks for the visit man i guess i should prepare for a bumpy ride :eek:

Take care bro . THC

Latest posts

Back