mollasses??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me myyself and I

The One Hitter Critter
Reaction score
hey all :) I keep reading that mollasses does wonders, but I can't seem to find any info on how much to add when I add my nutes. ive got about 3-4 weeks left. is it too late to try the mollasses? any info would be so appriciated.

It isnt too late, but molasses has benefits even in the veg stage... You can use it throughout the grow... Mix 1tsp per gallon

I forgot to mention im use'n a kinda dwc setup. and all the stuff im reading seems to talk about use'n mollasses in soil grows. can you use in a hydro type of setup?

yes you can... All it does is increase the uptake of nutrients by your plant...

thanks for the info Mindzeye and thanks for the the link to that read, wow my head is spining after that, heheh

okay stoney will be in soon looking for the pancakes..:giggle: sorry had to throw that out there..Its benaficial to the soil micro organs...Have not heard good things in Hydro..but for soill It is wonderfull..take care and be safe

I was just looking at the back of different bottles.
Why wouldnt something like Aunt Jemima Syrup be as good or better?
5x the carbs and such of molasses.
Is it to pure of a sugar or something?
Cause I have a couple of all 4. Corn Syrup, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrups and molasses.
And just looking at all the lables. Aunt Jemima posed the highest stats.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I was just looking at the back of different bottles.
Why wouldnt something like Aunt Jemima Syrup be as good or better?
5x the carbs and such of molasses.
Is it to pure of a sugar or something?
Cause I have a couple of all 4. Corn Syrup, Maple Syrup, Pancake Syrups and molasses.
And just looking at all the lables. Aunt Jemima posed the highest stats.

It isnt about how much sugar it has in it... Its how much usable sugar is in it...

I don't think it will really help in any type of hydro because I believe it's main benefit is as a chelating agent and to increase microbial activity in the soil.

I have read that it is also beneficial in foilar applications, though I haven't seen any data that is mj specific.

If you're going to use it at all, waiting for the last few weeks will do little or nothing for your plant as it does more for the soil than any actual uptake by the plant (other than improved nute uptake).

BBFan said:
I don't think it will really help in any type of hydro because I believe it's main benefit is as a chelating agent and to increase microbial activity in the soil.

I have read that it is also beneficial in foilar applications, though I haven't seen any data that is mj specific.

If you're going to use it at all, waiting for the last few weeks will do little or nothing for your plant as it does more for the soil than any actual uptake by the plant (other than improved nute uptake).

:yeahthat: well said BBFan and IMO..should be used threw entire grow..not just flower..it is very good for the soil..

BBFan said:

If you're going to use it at all, waiting for the last few weeks will do little or nothing for your plant as it does more for the soil than any actual uptake by the plant (other than improved nute uptake).[/quot

well if it inproves nute uptake in a hyro/dwc setup, wouldnt it be beneficial to use it then? ie: bigger nugz etc?

Hey man, I must have had my facts wrong, I have used it in a hydro with no ill affects but some more advanced growers than me are saying different...

Maybe I learned somthing today!!

It would be a good experiment though to grow two plants in dwc one with and without the molasses and see if there is a difference... i dont think anyone on this site has done that yet and it would help others and your own knowlege..

heheh, yea I was thinking that too, but these babies are looking nice. would really hate to screw them up at about 3weeks out. my curiosity is tug'n at me to just try it and I just got back from getting some of that black strap too. I was just looking for a way to beef them nugz up some more. I used dirt for about 3 years an im noticing that the nugz arent as dense in the hydro setup like they were when I was use'n dirt. but I sure do like how much quicker this setup is and the plants are way more bushy. like outta control monsters!heheh

Dude try the molasses on one plant, it wont hurt your plants...

what nutes are you using? We might be able to help with your density issue... also what strain are the plants? And how much light and growing space are they in ?

im using tiger bloom extra strength 2-8-4 in the flower room wich is about 6'x6'wide and 8' tall with a 600wat hps, and fox farms grow big 6-4-4 in the veg room wich is about the same size with a 400watt hps as far as strain I have no idea heheh, I was told white widow but you know, heheh who knows. they are short bushy fat leaves and beeeeautiful! ihavent figured out to post the pics here yet.

Well thats why, your not using any bloom boosters...

If theres a hydro store nearby pick up Big bloom, thats what your missing from the fox farms trio, if you want even better results use thier trio of enhancers ch-ching, beastie blooms, open sesame... There should be a feeding schedule at the fox farms web site..

Oh and you need waaay more light.. you have 2,500 lumens per square foot in your flower room, you need to get another 600 w light for that room and another 600w MH for your veg room... Or make each room 3ft x 3ft

With the light you have now you will never grow dense buds...

Hey ho Mindzeye, How you doing?

Good points on the bloom nutes and lumens.

I'm strictly a soil guy myself, so don't know anything about hydro. I've heard people having problems with gumming up the system when using molasses, but I don't know firsthand. I haven't ever even looked at the mechanics of it, but what I suspect is that if you're constantly flushing and changing the water- how do any microbes get a chance to grow?

In dirt, I use it throughout the grow after about 2 weeks.

Have you ever tried foilar applications?

BBFan said:
Hey ho Mindzeye, How you doing?

Good points on the bloom nutes and lumens.

I'm strictly a soil guy myself, so don't know anything about hydro. I've heard people having problems with gumming up the system when using molasses, but I don't know firsthand. I haven't ever even looked at the mechanics of it, but what I suspect is that if you're constantly flushing and changing the water- how do any microbes get a chance to grow?

In dirt, I use it throughout the grow after about 2 weeks.

Have you ever tried foilar applications?

With DWC there isnt really anything to gum up, theres a bucket full of nutrients with an air stone pumping air into the nutrient solution so its oxygenated, the roots live submerged in nutrient solution...

i change solution every 2 weeks, maybe microbes could form...

I just thought it would be a cool experiment because noone here has said for sure that it doesnt work in hydro just that they dont "think" it will work... this would be a good chance to see if it does because he has the molasses allready

I dont like to foliar feed my ganja...

Latest posts

Back