More than 500 bagseeds...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
If one had a huge number(+500) of bag seeds:D , what is a good method of narrowing down the numbers to 24 or so to start a grow:confused: ...The goal is to end up with at least 6-8 healthy females for flowering and maybe a mother or two:)

...Anyway, what is a good way to narrow down the numbers?

OK, this is what has been done so far...The thumb and finger thingy, divided the remainder into:

"dark"(+300seeds), some are almost black to very dark green/brown,

"light"(+100), some are light green/brown to almost bright light green...

Do I trash the light ones and focus on the dark?

Is there a way to know strain(sativa or indica) from just looking at the seed? I would think not, but I am still curious?

Oh yeah, the seeds are not more than 6-12 months old at the most, and have been kept in a cool dark and dry locations.

Thanks.

ok my friend you sould plant 2 times the amount of females you want and about trashing seeds you can press each seed between your fingers and the ones the dont break there good or you can get a cup filled with water and put your seeds the ones that goes under water are good any help i will be more than happy to help you

I would also say do the press test. Whatever ones don't break should be good (not always). And then from there, just select some nice looking ones and germinate them however you plan on doing it. You'll just have to see what you get.

OK, Thanks...I have already pressed them between my thumb and finger...I called it the "Thumb & Finger thingy" :)...Then i seperated them into light & dark...

I was wondering with so many seeds is there any thing I could look for like size, color, stripes, etc? And then try and germ those.

now what you need is good luck and alot of love to your babies

yes my friend i send you one do you read it?

Ive allways heard put them in water, and if they float they are no good

turtledro said:
Ive allways heard put them in water, and if they float they are no good
they always float but they will settle on the bottom and then is when theones that still floating they are bad so good luck

The darker seeds, brown/black, are the ones that ripened before harvest. Greenish ones, I've never tried, so I don't know, but it is logical to think that a mature seed will produce a healthier seedling.

In my experience the ones that are brown with black stripes usually always germinate.

JerryG1989 said:
In my experience the ones that are brown with black stripes usually always germinate.

sweet this gives me some hope for my bagseed operation! have about 15-20 seeds that are brown with black stripes. :D

Latest posts

Back