Morning Star...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
socal420girl said:
So, tomorrow is harvest day for my two Morning Stars!! I'm thinking of trying to re-veg at least one of them - especially since I can't seem to find any info on them. If it's as strong of an indica as I think, it would do wonders for my migraines and insomnia!

Wish me luck and any input would be appreciated!!

Here are some pics from the grow..

These are of Morning Star 1:

Sorry, can't help you on the M.S.
But what I want to know is:
Is there something about where we live that gives people migraines and insomnia? :lol:
Good luck finding out the background of your strain. I will ask around locally and see if I can find anything out for you.
Cheers

Here are some of my girls

000_0176.jpg

000_0226_crop1.gif

000_0228_crop2.gif

I've actually smoked this while I lived out in California. It was a pretty nice strain. My brother's friend had a cannabis card and this was one of the varieties that he bought. This was back in 2004. I don't know what it cross made it, but it's a pretty good smoke! Good job on the harvest.

Thanks LaserKittensGoPewPew! I did end up getting a gram of it when I picked up the clones, but two months later I couldn't remember how it smoked.

I can say that it is the strongest indica that I've ever had. I can get 6-8 hours of sleep and still feel extremely groggy in the morning. It has supreme effect on pain. I started to get a really bad migraine the other night and I can honestly say that within 5 minutes of taking a couple hits, it was completely gone (and so was my brain!).

I wish that everybody with severe pain could have the benefits of this strain. If I had known it's true qualities, I would have learned really quick and cloned it... I was really expecting to be able to find something on it... I guess I can just hope that somebody else who picked up a clone or two will seed or breed...

Thanks again for all the congrats everybody!!

Sorry, I got a tip on 'Dman's' whereabouts and am just waiting for registration confirmation to try and post there, been a bit of a goose chase.

You're a trooper Elephant Man, thanks again for the effort!!

A little update: (I thought I posted what my harvest ended up being, but apparently not!! hehe:stoned: )

So, on my Morning Star 1, I ended up with just under 3 ounces

Morning Star 2 was harvested 8 days after Morning Star 1. I sort of did this on purpose. (I say "sort of" because my hubby and I talked about harvesting them at different times just to see the difference in what the trichs go through). It's a good thing we had previously discussed doing this because it would have happened that way anyways. I had no clue how long it would take to manicure these things...

Anyways, Morning Star 2 was definately harvested with more amber trichs. I got 1-3/4 ounces out of this one.

When I look at the effort and initial cost of setting up a "grow", it probably hasn't paid for itself yet, but I haven't even put my grow rooms close to maxed out yet. When that happens, it'll definately pay me back -that I know! Until then, I'm trying to learn all I can to help my grow better - and I want to thank you all for your compliments and encouragement!!

All in all, I'm completely happy with my first grow! I learned a lot, lost a little, and have impressed some people who never thought home-grown could be that good!

Here are some pics of Morning Star 2...

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2C - Top colawtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2K - Top cola - zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2J - Trees from the top - macrowtmk.jpg

I didn't read all of your post.Did you take babies?I hope so because when I grew it everyone liked it.It seemed like it took forever to finish.I vegged mine for 3 months.Too long for this strain.Maybe one day I'll run across this one again.BTW yours looked alot better than mine and it still rocked.I can only imagine how potent yours is.24% thc :cool: Great job!!!!!

Sorry for the late reply tommyboy, but no, I didn't take any clones. Had I known it was such a rare strain and had I known it was going to be so medicinally potent, I would have. It was my first grow and I didn't want to overwhelm myself with trying to make sure everything was going okay along with learning how to clone. I learned my lesson though! This time around, I'm going to try cloning for sure.

So, you grew Morning Star?? How long ago was this and do you have any idea of the lineage?? Not that it really matters now, but I'd still like to know where it came from if I can find out...

I vegged mine for 7 weeks and did very little pruning. The yield was okay, not bad for my first time around. I set some nugs on the picture of Morning Star that is in the Cannabible2, just to compare. (I hope it isn't copyright infringement on Jason King). The big nug is the one in the picture - Yeah, I know, duh, but sometimes when I look at the pictures, it's hard to really tell!! :ccc:

4-3-07 - Morning Star 1F - Top cola - zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-4-07 - Morning Star 1A - Harvestwtmk.jpg

4-7-07 - Morning Star 1D - Buds with Cannabible - zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-7-07 - Morning Star 1G - Buds with Cannabible - super zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-7-07 - Morning Star 1I - Buds with Cannabible -super zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-7-07 - Morning Star 2E - Buds with Cannabible - zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-7-07 - Morning Star 2K - Buds with Cannabible - super zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2B - Top cola and brancheswtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2K - Top cola - zoomedwtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2I - Forest of little treeswtmk.jpg

4-10-07 - Morning Star 2L - Top cola up close - zoomedwtmk.jpg

Hey stonedsmithy!! I thought this thread was dead!!

I sure wish I would have cloned the two clones that I grew. If I would have known that it was such a rare and hard to find strain, I would have tried my hardest to keep it going.

It is honestly the strongest indica that I've ever had - knocks you on your ***!! I can take a few hits at 8:00 at night, get up at 6:00 in the morning and still feel extremely groggy and hung over from it. It's a kick-*** pain killer too - which is another reason I'm sorry I didn't clone it. I know there are a lot of people out there that could have truly benefited from this strain. Two hits kills a migraine in it's tracks, and it does the same for cramps (you know us women!), although this is definately not the kind of medicine that you can take and still go to work and function - I'd have been a dead ringer for a ganja girl! My cousin is a diabetic and has had many physical ailments because of it and it's helped her out tremendously. It's just unfortunate that I only had enough to give to her when she needs it and keep a little for myself...

I have about 1/4 oz left that's been curing in a jar since the beginning of April - it just keeps getting better and better - almost too strong actually. I've got to keep a steady mix of sativas around to mix it with or I'd be one very unproductive stoner!

Thanks for keeping the post alive - I'm still hoping someone will be able to give me some insight into this strain... I'd sure like to get my hands on a few more clones!!

Stay high!

I checked with my care giver and he said it's a cross between sensi star and skunk #1.It's a S/I.If it goes too long then it becomes heavy body.Somehow mine went 10 weeks and was very heady.Maybe the strain is unstable but it still rocks.I have seen it a few times at the clubs after I grew it but like everything else it's being crossed away.

incredible plants, i hope to take as good care of my girls as you have obviously taken of yours

I agree with daytripper. Those were some nice looking plants, it is just too bad that you didn't clone them, i'd love to follow up on another grow since i totally missed this one! The buds looked nice =) anyways i hope to see you in another grow sometime. Thanks again and good luck next grow!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Morningstar was said to be a weird phenotype from a pack of "jack Herrer" seeds. It flowered early and was stronger than the others from the same pack. Luckily a mother was grown. It seems to have spread a bit since its origins.

If you love sensi star and ak47, then World of Seeds has a feminized "Star 47". Just thought I'd try to help. Much Luck in your Strain Quest! -7greeneyes ;)

Latest posts

Back