Mostly Mandala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't grown the Ganesh yet.

I really liked the Point of No Return--great taste, smell and a laid back high.

I was not impressed with the Safari Mix. They are experimental crosses--sometimes you get a great one and sometimes not. I do not know what they are crossing at this time.

I also like the 8 Miles High--another up type high, my favorite kind.

I finally got a female Beyond the Brain (first 4 were male), which just went into flowering on the 1st. So that one is a couple months down the line. It is a Satori cross so I am anxious to try it and see if I like it as much as my Satori.

I will also keep running the Pineapple Express (not a Mandala strain).

THank you so much for your reply.
Is the pineapple Express a Cindy of somekind?
Do you like any of the above better then satori? I have your taste in cannabis.

I believe that the genetics behind Pineapple Express are secret.

The Satori is my favorite. I will be looking forward to trying the Beyond the Brain as I like Satori so much. But for a laid back high, the Point of No Return is really nice.

Rosebud said:
THank you so much for your reply.
Is the pineapple Express a Cindy of somekind?
Do you like any of the above better then satori? I have your taste in cannabis.

Rosie I read in Hightimes that the PEx was a C99 pineapple pheno that was selfed... This is why i was curious as to how it compare to joey weeds C99...

Can you tell me about that Joey? I don't even know what i am talking about, except I have heard on here for a couple of years how great Cindy is. Then i guessed that Cindy is Cinderella? I just like speedy pot, that is why my questions.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Rosie I read in Hightimes that the PEx was a C99 pineapple pheno that was selfed... This is why i was curious as to how it compare to joey weeds C99...

Love yer new quote JAAM ...:rofl:

Cindy...C99...Cinderella. Joey's C99 was the first strain I ever ran hydro. I loved it and kept it in my garden for several years. I never had a great pineapple pheno of Joey's, but it was still an outstanding up high. Some (amateurs :giggle: ) found it a little too uppity and racy, but I loved it. I personally have found the PEx to be quite a bit more a laid back kind of smoke. I like it in the evening with friends. Enough of an up to carry on intelligent conversation, play games, cook meals, but it still is a quite kick back stone.

JAAM--interesting info on the PEx. I have one in flowering that is at 48 days today. It has a nice large cola that is showing a few clear with mostly cloudy trichs. As I remember, I ran Joey's C99 about 7-8 weeks. It seems to be ripening a little slower than my last one, but I had some trouble controlling the temps when we got early very cold temps here.

Rosebud, I have to say that as much as I loved the C99, the Satori kind of took her place--she is my current sweetheart.

Are the mandala strains as light feeders as their site says they are? I have a few ganesh started, they're about two weeks old.

Rosebud said:
Can you tell me about that Joey? I don't even know what i am talking about, except I have heard on here for a couple of years how great Cindy is. Then i guessed that Cindy is Cinderella? I just like speedy pot, that is why my questions.

Rose Joey Weed is a breeder... From what I read he makes Cinderella 99 F2 seeds using original Brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 seed stock... which is why they are sold out alot I believe...

Hey there THG! Congrats on another successful harvest! :icon_smile:

I just ordered some Satori seeds and I'm super stoked to try them out. It looks like you really know what you're doing when it comes to Mandala! :)

Do you have any advice for a novice grower about this specific strain? I will be posting a journal as soon as they come and they are popped :D

Thanks in advance! I'll be looking through your threads and posts to gain some more knowledge :cool:

I have found that Mandala strains do not like high doses of nutrients. I try to keep my ppms around 1200. However, I have also found that they are "thirstier" than some of my other strains--they take more water or nute solution. I also fim virtually all of my plants, regardless of strain. I will be curious to see how Beyond the Brain smokes as this is a Columbian Sativa/Haze x Satori cross.

"I will be curious to see how Beyond the Brain smokes as this is a Columbian Sativa/Haze x Satori cross."

Me too, can't wait to hear. A picture would be great too.

I will post some pics up when I am into the closet again. The BTB is a rangy sativa type of girl.

i love your grows THG.
always daaaank!
i gotta give a look into em!

Bubba, I'll try to get a pic up of the BTB. She is at 11 weeks now and getting close. She is not the short compact plant Mandala said she would be. I do have one that is though. I don't think the Christmas pheno is going to take as long to flower either. This was a new strain by Mandala with a Satori parent. I guess that it is not quite stabilized yet--it is hard to believe the difference in the size of the 2 plants.

This is the top cola from the BTB. I will be harvesting her a little at a time.

Of the 3 Satori I have going now, 1 is a girl, 1 is a boy, and I don't know what the other one is yet, but it is looking a little girly.

3-23-12 010-1.jpg

:ciao: THG, hope all is well!! Great cola, congrats!!! I am watching my satori break ground and reach for the lights, 5 of 5 sprouted!!

Latest posts

Back