Mostly Mandala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, was reading it on my phone n have the pics turned off. Only just saw it now you mentioned it.

Yes, it is quite similar, isn't it? I still don't have a clue what could cause this, but it still looks healthy.

Thanks for posting the pic Jericho.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, it is quite similar, isn't it? I still don't have a clue what could cause this, but it still looks healthy.

No problem. I'm going to monitor this leaf and see what happens. Its rather strange, I have grown these same seeds/strain several times and never seen it on any of my others.

Green Mojo for the clones, lets hope it roots and we can see what happens. :icon_smile:

THG- it makes me happy that your fems are doing great! both my plants that I have growing right now are fems so thats always good to hear! X-TRA, X-TRA GREEN MOJO FOR YOU! :peace:

The girls got new nute solution today. So since they were out of the closet (LOL), I decided to take some pics.

11-01-11 003-1.jpg

11-01-11 005-1.jpg

11-01-11 009-1.jpg

11-01-11 010-1.jpg

11-01-11 018-1.jpg

11-01-11 019-1.jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:

Hi The Hemp Goddess, :)

there is probably a name for this condition and as per my pic, you can see the very same thing is occurring and I put it down to errors in cell replication because as cells divide, in both animals and plants, errors occur as cell division goes on billions of times throughout an organisms life and errors do occur the scientists tell us and old age could be said to be merely an accumulation of replication errors at the genetic level.

You can see the difference in colour along the lines of the leaf and just seems to me an error occurred with a corrupt instruction copied when it came to chlorophyll pigmentation distribution.

The paler portion of the leaf is showing yellow pigmentation and that's a carotenoid pigment and which is normal, it's just lacking chlorophyll to give it the overall correct colour.

But your pic seems to be lacking both chlorophyll and caroteinoids or is it carotenids? I'll check the terminology and correct my words if neccessary but it looks like the same thing going on methinks,
wadya reckon The Hemp Goddess?

Your girls are looking absolutely stonking, by the way.:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

DSC_0007-1.JPG

Rockster, thanks for the pic and info. I have got bukko roots on this clone, so will be putting it into veg right away. I'll be curious to see if it continues with this....whatever it is. I do have it on 2 leaves and on one of the new leaves just emerging. The plant this clone came from shows none of this.

Hi The Hemp Goddess,

the plant in the pic I showed only displayed this on a few leaves and went on to finish nicely just like her sisters but thought his slight defect on the leaves was interesting enough to photograph on it's own.

And I just found this: Another pic in the same series as the previous pics but I didn't make a note about it?

@Rosebud. It was only on a few leaves and didn't ever appear elsewhere on the plant. It's more often seen with 2 shades of green on leaves, one dark, one light but like The Hemp Goddesses pic the leaves seemed to lack pigmentation almost if not totally in places whereas mine was just shy of a bit of chlorophyll, and yes, I thought the pic looked quite cute too!

DSC_0001-1.JPG

I have a few plants getting close. There are 5 girls in my space and it is pretty full. The PE and California Hash are 7-8 week strains and won't be much longer. The PNR is smelling absolutely wonderful. The Safari Mix is the biggest plant and is budding up really nice.

11-6-11 012-1.jpg

11-6-11 014-1.jpg

11-6-11 016-1.jpg

11-6-11 003-1.jpg

11-6-11 005-1.jpg

11-6-11 004-1.jpg

OMGoddess, See, that's what I'm talking about. You always have the fattest, hairiest, dankest buds -- gives me something to strive for -- truly inspirational. You just keep pumping out big, fat juicy buds... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

They are looking awesome THG :)

Great work.

I can't wait to get some of that PE everyones ragin bout :cool: Sucks I missed that Halloweens special I never even seen it till halloween day bummer but oh well hopefully there will be some awesome Christmas freebs.

Mojo Goddess.

I am by no means a botanist or even much of a scientist, but I would say that Rockster is dead on with it being a genetic anomoly that has to do with the dispersion of the different kinds of chlorophyll. It is probably somewhat akin to albinoism (or partial albinoism) in animals. Genetic coding and all of the variations that go with it is mind blowing. It will be interesting to see how well the plant and those leaves in particular do going forward. :)

I have done a partial trim on the California Hash and the Pineapple Express. I took the larger top colas and have left the rest of the plants to mature a little. This is a pic of the 5 colas from the Pineapple Express. Both of these plants grew virtually the same (makes me wonder if they really are the same--freebie seeds you know). Both have quite sticky dense buds with very little odor. They do seem to actually be 7 week strains. They had virtually all cloudy trichs with a few ambers thrown in. I am guessing 3 or so ozs each

11-14-11 001-1.jpg

11-14-11 006-1.jpg

Hey THG, WOW, those are some nice looking cola's. The leaves on the previous page are freaky. Stay safe. PEACE! :)

Latest posts

Back