Mostly Mandala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting up there in those woods smoking fat, juicy buds and trying to figure out which is best before nap time. What a life. :)

rascal said:
Hi HG it will be intresting to see how long your PONR takes as I did one and took it to the 65 days and think that was to long,although mandala say 65 -72 days.It was grown in soil ,so I dont think it quite turned out its best did have a large top cola though.

I find Mandala's flowering estimates to be pretty good. If Mandala says 65-72 days, that is what I will plan on. However, I do check trichs before harvesting anything. I fim virtually all my plants, so I will plan on more than 1 cola.

HemperFi said:
Sitting up there in those woods smoking fat, juicy buds and trying to figure out which is best before nap time. What a life. :)

LOL--yes, it is a great life--maybe kind of like being on a boat on the water looking out at the setting sun reflecting off the horizon and smoking a fatty...

I don't think that I have ever seen this with one of my plants. This is a clone that I took a few days ago. The upper leaf is totally yellow on half the leaf and nice healthy green on the other half of the leaf. Below that is one where 2 of the fingers are totally yellow and the rest look nice and green and healthy. Sorry the picture quality is not better. Photography has never been my strong point....

10-18-11 001-1.jpg

10-18-11 003-1.jpg

It actually IS a perfect split--right down the middle of the leaf--half yellow, half nice and green.

Rose, what kind of virus does this to roses? I might look it up. The plant this came from shows none of this discoloration and the other 2 clones I took at the same time are just fine also.

Thats cool.

I saw same kind of split colors on mjp site but that plant was cross. Check it out if you're interested its at bud picture of the month march 2011 by Cannawinner - Blueberry X Amnesia Kush

In roses i have seen a mosiac rose virus be solid yellow like that. Most times they are stirpped or spotted but they can be solid. In roses, it doesn't hurt the plant, it just never goes away and you always have yellow. After years it can weaken and die, but not usually for 20 years or so..

Rose, thanks for the info. I will keep my eye on it. It may not even root. However, I don't know if I hav e 20 years, so I probably won't stress over it.

Parcero, I will check it out. Most plants are crosses.

I've only seen that happen once before, not MJ though, not a common thing. I guess that makes her 'special':)

Sol said:
I've only seen that happen once before, not MJ though, not a common thing. I guess that makes her 'special':)

LOL--I guess whether she is good special or bad special will have to be seen. She is just an unrooted clone right now, taken a couple of weeks into 12/12 so we'll have to see how she does.

THG, if a clone is taken from a stressed or deficient mother, will the clone be?

Rose, I would guess that a cutting from a plant in poor condition would also be in poor condition. This mother is thriving. I have noticed that clones that almost don't make it before they root (even from a healthy mother) seem to lag behind the entire vegging period. Interestingly, one of the new leaves emerging seems that it may be this yellow color, too. Other than the color, the leaves look healthy--not dry or brittle or anything like that.

I think the virus in roses is caused by the root stock. This is an interesting anomaly in your case.

I just was wondering if the clones i took of Medicine woman when she was getting sick are going to be sick....They look a little deficient already in veg...oh dear.

THG i just saw that same thing on one of my Autos about a week ago. The whole leaf was fine except one petal that was completely yellow, it was still healthy just colour was off. Wish i had taken a pic of it now.

daku_iBLAZE said:
what happened to the pineapple express and the cali hash?

They are doing great!. They are almost 4 weeks into flowering and showing great bud development. I have clones of both. They look like they are going to be fun plants--fast flowering with really hairy buds. The last pics I took just didn't turn out well (glad I am better at growing than shooting pics). I'll try to get again when I have time.

Jericho said:
THG i just saw that same thing on one of my Autos about a week ago. The whole leaf was fine except one petal that was completely yellow, it was still healthy just colour was off. Wish i had taken a pic of it now.

This is a little different as one finger of the leaf is 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green, the split in color running exactly through the center of the finger. The leaf below it has the color split like you are talking about--3 of the fingers are green, 2 are yellow. I hope it roots so that I can see how she develops.

THG, Found another one. Does it look similar to this? IMAG0113.jpg

Latest posts

Back