motherplant care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
Whats the best way to grow and maintain a mother? soil? DWC? did some searches and read a number of posts but can't seem to find an answer so far, so to save me digging through hundreds of threads and posts I thought I would ask directly. I appreciate that it will probably come down to personal views, but would to like to know peoples different views and reasons so that I have every thing ready and sorted before I start sorting out the mother plant, so she is given the best possible care.

I dont understand the question.

Are you talking about a plant kept alive perpetually?

Regeneration?

Or simply how people prefer to grow plants?

I want to keep and maintain a mother plant, so I can take clones from it when needed. I will be growing 2 - 4 plants each time. I would like to keep the motherplant alive for as long as possible, so i want to kow the4 best way to keep the mother going. I will be growing my plants in DWC, but wanted to know if its better to keep the mother in soil, or DWC, or ebb and flow, I want to make sure that when I have selected my mother pant, that she is given the best treatment, may even put a radio in there for her as well ,hehe, i intend to spoil her!

i personally would keep her in dwc.with the soil you will be doing flushes and the soil depletes.you would have to keep adding additives to the soil to keep it going.in dwc you change your res and you are finished.just keep her in 24-7 light

I add to my soil and would have to say that if you plan to grow DWC then why not keep mothers same way?..I am soil grower and would not try both hydro/soil same time..work with one at a time..find what works best for your grow area and conditions..and then build upon it. Andy was soil then quikly went hydro..His choice and he loves it..as for me I like to get dirt under my nails..lol..not sure with Hydro..but soil I feed my mothers very lite so they dont grow as fast..Just my thaughts..KEEP M GREEN

thanks for the replies, it would be easier for me to keep everything the same and go DWC, as I am new to growing, and have zero experiance of maintaining a mother, I just wanted to make sure I was looking after her right :)

she needs to be kept under light 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? I thought that 18 / 6 was ok? same as vegging?

4u2smoke said it best.
for soil growers wanting to keep mothers,in my experince all u need to do is cut half the root of and add new soil when starting to get root bound in pot,after a few times u can almost time when the plant needs to be mancured.mine have been alive almost a year and ive been takin clones since.its works great remember just keep under 18/6 litw or more i use 24 hr.

and remember rule of thumb..Dont take more then 1/3 of plant at one time..Just my thaughts..KEEP M GREEN

Latest posts

Back