Movie Critiques - Ask about one or tell us about your favorite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StoneyBud

With the cost of gas and movies these days, no one wants to go see a movie that flops.

I thought this thread might be cool for everyone to tell which are "10's" and which are "1's".

I'll start it off by asking about "Drive Angry" (3D).

Who's seen it? Was it as good as the trailer makes it look?

I thought I might hit the bong a few times and go see it tonight.

I wanna see Hall Pass but my daughter wants to see Rango so i guess she wins. i'll get the boot leg. lol

I cant help cause I would never hand over money to watch Nick Cage stumble through another bad movie. I'll wait for HBO to show it and then MAYBE watch it.

I got an "Acadamy" pre-release of the Black Swan which was probably a 7 of 10
True Grit which was a 9 for the first half, and maybe a 8 to finish.
Social Network, I thought I would hate and refused to watch...then my g/f talked me into it, and it's easily a solid 9. So mentally stimulating it was really fun. IMO
Alice in Wonderland was alot of fun. I like the old one and new one, and since I remember Alice from when it was "just a cartoon" they're classics 10!
Waiting to see Fighter.

On the NETFLIX report...
Changling was 4 of 5
Wall Street Money Never sleeps was 5 cause of the original
A-Team 5 of 5 (Even tho Rampage punked out of his fight during the filming and eventually caught a whoopin for it! LOL PITY THE FOOL)

I have'nt been to a movie theatre in years...literaly. I don't care for the atmosphere. I would rather wait till they come out on Netflix, wich is usualy just a couple months after release. That way I can watch at home where it's comfortable, I can Bong while watching, pause to re-supply munchies, and make a copy of the movie, all at the same time.
I am looking forward to seeing True Grit, the orriginal is one of my favorite westerns.

i just wait till someone takes a camcorder in with them then download the movie. lol

i've got more movies saved than i can watch.

slowmo77 said:
i just wait till someone takes a camcorder in with them then download the movie. lol

i've got more movies saved than i can watch.

My 1000GB hard drive full of movie's is my baby when i need entertainment, I cant stand going to the cinema, Too many people to distract me. Just download and watch once DVD quality is out.

Means i save allot of money on going to cinema and get to see the films in peace and in my living room i get to roll a J and smoke with out anyone complaining hehe.

i know man, i've got about 400 dvd's i've made. each with 2 to 4 movies on them.. some i've never watched. it doesn't take long to get them on a bit torrent site if you know where to look. we've got movies, dvd quality in some cases while they're still playin at the theater.

I liked True Grit, we all did, which is amazing, my adult kids and husband and I all liked it. Different from the original but good.

I agree with Cubby on this. I'd much rather watch at home, mostly because the thetre costs an arm and a leg when it's all said and done. I just wait for them to come out on Netflix, or onDemand. I want to see The Rite. Has anyone seen it? Hall Pass looks good too.

Theres a theater in Denver that serves alcohol, which is cool but Denver is a 2 1/2 hour drive, and as far as I know, my 55inch Vizio theater is the only one around with a toking section. We use the Red Box alot.

Even if you only watch movies in your home, let us know about the really good ones and the stinkers. I've watched a couple lately that were really bad and several that were better than I expected them to be.

Here's one that was better than I expected:

Moon

2009R 97 minutes
As he nears the end of a lonely three-year stint on the moon base Sarang, astronaut Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) begins to hear and see strange things. It's not long before Sam suspects that his employer -- the conglomerate LUNAR -- has other plans for him.

-----
Watch this one while you're really good and toasted. It ends way differently then you will expect.

On a 1-to-10 scale, I'd give it a 7.5

It's available as an "Instant Watch" on Netflix.

MOON!!

YES ^^

StoneyBud said:
Watch this one while you're really good and toasted. It ends way differently then you will expect.

OMG the summary doesn't do it justice.

Think it's on Netflix Instant.

Got an older one for ya, If you've never seen it, The Worlds Fastest Indian is one of the best movies ever made IMO. A 10 for sure!

nova564t said:
Got an older one for ya, If you've never seen it, The Worlds Fastest Indian is one of the best movies ever made IMO. A 10 for sure!

Cool man! Is there a story wrapped around the film or is it like a documentary about that one run on the bike?

---
The World's Fastest Indian

2005 PG-13 126 minutes

This fact-based drama stars Anthony Hopkins as quirky New Zealander Burt Munro, a 67-year-old grandfather who flies across Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats and blazes into the record books at 183.586 mph on his customized Indian Scout motorcycle. Set in 1967, the film is the second pairing of Hopkins and writer-director Roger Donaldson; the duo also collaborated on the seafaring epic The Bounty (1984).

Not really documentary, not all facts, they switched some stuff around to make the story better. Its more about Burt Munro and how he wins over everyone he come in contact with. Teriffic acting by Anthony Hopkins. I don't cry at movies, but the scene where he sets the record made me drop a tear or two.

Fastest Indian = 10 (for the common public)

If you've ever owned a bike it's an 11!

I still loose it when he's modding his tires!!

I drag race so there a personal connection for me too!

Watched the first disc of Weeds Season 6 last night.

LOVE THIS SHOW!! Too funny!! "The Newmans" :rofl:

my wife and i got backed one weekend and watched every season on How I Met Your Mother. i know its not a movie but it's still one of my favorite things to watch

Latest posts

Back