Movie Critiques - Ask about one or tell us about your favorite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't do the seats anymore plus you have to draw blood to get a popcorn after the 3 thousand up front it cost to buy a ticket....so i rent at home...today is a classic.....Attack of the killer tomato's!

My favorite Western

My Name is Nobody

1974R 110 min
Comedy Western spoof bringing together two Western icons - the great Henry Fonda and 70s Italian superstar Terence Hill. Ageing but still fast gunslinger Jack Beauregard meets a man called Nobody who has been hired to kill him. However, Beauregard was Nobody's childhood hero, and the wily young gun starts planning a way that Jack can go down in the history books. Directed by Leone's former Assistant Director Tonino Valerii, with Leone himself taking charge for certain sequences, My Name is Nobody takes an ironic and often comic look at many of the classic situations of the Italian Western. Featuring a witty score by Ennio Morricone and beautifully shot in America and Spain.

ozzydiodude said:
My favorite Western

My Name is Nobody

Man, that is one of the funniest movies of all time! When "Nobody" starts with all that slapping and fast draw stuff, it almost puts me on the floor laughing.

This is a movie to see while good and high on some Sativa.

Hmmmmmmmm... Favorite movies, I will spare myself the shame and stick to some good action style movies! :doh: :eek:

Avatar is fully awesome in my book. It's on the corny end for sure, but it's just a cool flick to watch baked out of my mind.

Favorite western would "FOR SURE" have to go to either-

The Hi-Lo Country (1998) Directed by Stephen Frears, starring Billy Crudup, Woody Harrelson, Cole Hauser.
R 114 min - Drama | Romance | Western

-or-

The Wild Bunch (1969) Directed by Sam Peckinpah, starring Ernest Borgnine, William Holden and Robert Ryan
R 134 min - Action | Western

A couple more REALLY good movies are-

A River Runs Through It (1992) Directed by Robert Redford, starring Craig Sheffer, Brad Pitt and Tom Skerritt
PG 123 min - Drama

-and-

Legends of the Fall (1994) Directed by Edward Zwick, starring Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn
R 133 min - Drama | Romance | War

:48:

Fargo (1996)
98 min - Crime | Drama | Thriller - 5 April 1996 (USA)

Jerry Lundegaard's inept crime falls apart due to his and his henchmen's bungling and the persistent police work of pregnant Marge Gunderson.

Director: Joel Coen, and 1 more credit »
Writers: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Stars:William H. Macy, Frances McDormand and Steve Buscemi

This is another great flick!!

Gran Torino (2008)
116 min - Drama - 9 January 2009 (USA)

Disgruntled Korean War vet Walt Kowalski sets out to reform his neighbor, a young Hmong teenager, who tried to steal Kowalski's prized possession: his 1972 Gran Torino.

Director: Clint Eastwood
Writers: Nick Schenk (screenplay), Dave Johannson (story), and 1 more credit »
Stars:Clint Eastwood, Bee Vang and Christopher Carley

You can't go wrong with Clint!!

ive been watching Spartacus, have all eps. on dvd
second season has a new actor, really great series.
centennial was a great one, i like long series movies.
lonesome dove series - 1.deadmans walk, 2.comanche moon, 3.lonesome dove, 4.return to lonesome dove, 5.the streets of laredo

anything directed or written by tarantino is good. guaranteed originality and graphic violence

benamucc said:
Fastest Indian = 10 (for the common public)
If you've ever owned a bike it's an 11!
I still loose it when he's modding his tires!!

Just watched it. Wonderful movie!

I've met some people who could make anything from anything. I wasn't aware of this man's story, but it's very cool.

It's remarkable what someone can do when they put their minds too it.

Anthony Hopkins should get a "Best of the Best of the Best" award. The man is good in everything I've seen him in.

Anyone who hasn't seen "The Edge" should put it on their list.

Road To Perdition:

Bonds of loyalty are put to the test when a hitman's son witnesses what his father does for a living.

Director: Sam Mendes
Writers: Max Allan Collins (graphic novel), Richard Piers Rayner (graphic novel), and 1 more credit »
Stars:Tom Hanks, Tyler Hoechlin and Rob Maxey

This is a good one, Tom Hanks as a contract killer!!

slomo, "How I met your Mother" is a great show. Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is hilarious in that show. I watch it all the time.

Nova, Gran Torino (2008) is awesome, great movie. But I think Clint Eastwood did his best work in "Unforgiven" with Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. That is a classic in my opinion :)

nova564t said:
Road To Perdition:

Bonds of loyalty are put to the test when a hitman's son witnesses what his father does for a living.

Director: Sam Mendes
Writers: Max Allan Collins (graphic novel), Richard Piers Rayner (graphic novel), and 1 more credit »
Stars:Tom Hanks, Tyler Hoechlin and Rob Maxey

This is a good one, Tom Hanks as a contract killer!!

What a trip. That would blow your mind, wouldn't it?

"Well Pop, how exactly do you pay taxes on that?"

Ha! It sounds good. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors also. He really does "become" the character.

Just put it in my queue on netflix. I'll have it in the next couple daze...:clap: :dancing:

Wow

The Fighter

Runtime: 115 min
Rated R for language throughout, drug content, some violence and sexuality

The Fighter, is a drama about boxer "Irish" Micky Ward's unlikely road to the world light welterweight title. His Rocky-like rise was shepherded by half-brother Dicky, a boxer-turned-trainer who rebounded in life after nearly being KO'd by drugs and crime.

Brilliant film. Its the kind where it has you grinning at the end like you should with a good film.

Great story, Great acting, Well Written. In my eyes its definitely a great movie.

Info from IMDB.

You guys want a movie review? I will give you a movie opinion....I just finished watching "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls". If you watch this movie it is literally like watching Spielberg drop his pants and take a huge steaming dump on everything great he ever created. If you have fond memories of Indiana Jones, please stay away from this garabge.

-SSF-

benamucc said:
Social Network, I thought I would hate and refused to watch...then my g/f talked me into it, and it's easily a solid 9. So mentally stimulating it was really fun. IMO

I have to agree. I had pre formed a more negative opinion of the main character prior to watching based on the reviews and hype. I found the film full of fundamental life truths. My response was to close my facebook account and to sign up for an online course that I thought was way too expensive two years ago. Quite entertaining. An unexpected positive experience and strangly, I didn't despise the guy as much after watching the film and making my own judgements.

SensiStarFan said:
You guys want a movie review? I will give you a movie opinion....I just finished watching "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls". If you watch this movie it is literally like watching Spielberg drop his pants and take a huge steaming dump on everything great he ever created. If you have fond memories of Indiana Jones, please stay away from this garabge.

No, really, tell us how you really feel about it! Hahahahahahaa

Thanks for the warning, but you're too late. I saw it. Pretty lame for an Indiana Jones flick. The giant boogy-men is where I started looking for something else to watch.

The Last Airbender (2010)
103 min - Action | Adventure | Family - 1 July 2010 (USA)
NO STARS

The story follows the adventures of Aang, a young successor to a long line of Avatars, who must put his childhood ways aside and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.

Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Writer: M. Night Shyamalan
Stars:Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz and Jackson Rathbone

STAY AWAY!!! HORRIBLE MOVIE!!!

Retroactive

Just watched it again. James Belushi's acting is as good as ever. He plays a great nut-ball redneck.

The time-after-time-after-time actions are a mind-bender. It keeps you thinking fast throughout the movie.

In it's genre, I give it a 8 out of 10. The largest goof I saw in the movie was the guy they got to play the scientist. They could have done WAY better on that.

---

1997R 91 minutes

Louis Morneau's inventive sci-fi thriller stars Kylie Travis as Karen, a psychiatrist who witnesses a deranged psychopath (James Belushi) commit a brutal murder.

But all may not be lost when she stumbles upon a time machine that could allow her to save the victim.

Characterized by nonstop action and a breakneck pace, this imaginatively scripted film co-stars Frank Whaley as the scientist who helps Karen turn back the clock.

Cast:James Belushi, Kylie Travis, Shannon Whirry, Frank Whaley, Jesse Borrego, M. Emmet Walsh, Sherman Howard, Guy Boyd

Director:Louis Morneau

Cool Hand Luke (1967)
126 min - Crime | Drama - 1 November 1967 (USA)
10 out of 10 stars

A man refuses to conform to life in a rural prison.

Director: Stuart Rosenberg
Writers: Donn Pearce (screenplay), Frank Pierson (screenplay), and 1 more credit »
Stars:paul Newman, George Kennedy, Strother Martin, Harry Dead Stanton and Dennis Hopper

One of if not the best movie of all time!!! So many guys that went on to be great actors.

nova564t said:
The Last Airbender (2010) NO STARS STAY AWAY!!! HORRIBLE MOVIE!!!

Thanks Nova! I have looked at that one several times and each time thought that it looked like a "Grade B" movie and decided not to see it until I heard a review from a real person.

You've just made that decision clear for me!

I love sci-fi. Books and movies if the plot is unique and the acting or dialogue in the book are well done.

Thanks for the warning about this one!

Latest posts

Back