mr_chow's medicinal rice garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_chow

Reaction score
well...i just recently was "evicted" from my last cyber-home where i kept all my grow journals and pics (after 10years of being a member! F'n politics!). anyway, i looked around and registered for a few other boards, but most are really "noisy" and not my speed. marijuana passions seems a little more laid back and "controlled", if you know what i'm sayin'. ...we'll see.

well...let's see, can i catch you up to date? close your eyes and imagine. ...oh, wait, don't close your eyes b/c you won't be able to read my post :D

i started off w/ 5 plants:

2 - presidential kush (florida strain brought to colorado)
1 - oger 99 (og-cross)
1 - juliet
1 - chemdawg x sour diesel

...everything started well in the solo cups, they got big enough to transplant into some 2.5 gal containers w/ some miracle grow "organic". i had the containers in my back yard on my cement pad and i would move them around so that they could get sun for the majority of the day.

a couple of things started giving me problems. one, the black 2.5 gal homeD pots that i got were getting too hot. ...so i covered w/ a white sheet on the sun-side. this seemed to help. next, about a week or so after fixing/mitigating the heat problem, i started noticing that there were leaves missing from some plants. mostly the oger99. ...like something was chomping on it. i suspected my dogs or squirrels, but didn't really now until i came out one day and caught my female with the oger99 in her mouth. the big pres plant that i had was chomped on too. the oger99 was a complete loss, but i have been able to coax back the bigger pres plant. i had to cut off most of the lower branches and some of the bigger leaves.

so now i have them all in this:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=174955&stc=1&d=1314719839

a puppy kennel that i had previously built!

what's that pitcher filled with, you ask?

...so now/today is day 30 of flower, i guesstimated that flowering "started" on august 1. i've been really good about putting the plants in the most sun during the day. the juliet and the two pres plants are doing well...the problem has been the cXsd plant. she is just a nute wh0re...and i don't have money to buy any supplements for her. so back to the pitcher full of murky water. what is it?? >>>>it's used coffee grounds and water!

come to find out, used coffee grounds have nute (n/p/k) value! something like 2.0-.3-.3 or somewhere around there. don't use too much because coffee is acidic and can cause overall ph of soil to go down and cause "nute-lock"

anywho...that's where i'm at today. looking to complete the cXsd sometime at end of september along with the juliet. the two pres kush plants look like they'll need til the middle of october, but we'll see.

here's a couple of pics of the girls:

whoops, files are too big...let me fix.

more to come

peace,

mr_chow

IMAG0675.jpg

heck yeah welcome to mp, new friend :ciao: Hope ya don't mind if I :joint: and watch.

Peace,

7greeneyes :)

Lookn good!

*No Bump Chow!

:rofl:

hangover-2-phil-stu-mr.chow-alan-600x337.jpg

mojo for the Grow

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Be careful of using too much coffee ground tea. I believe that it has fairly high levels of N which can inhibit flowering.

I don't think you will be able to get to harvest with just some coffee grounds in water.....have you looked into General Hydroponics Flora Nova series? 3 parts (grow, micro, bloom) for like 36 bucks shipped on eBay. Easiest nutes I hve ever used.

Oh and that sucks that some forum gave you the boot after 10 years....you didn't name it but I am figuring it must be a tool shed.:) This place is much more laid back and we don't go for all the drama that other sites seem to thrive on. You shld do fine here.

welcome... bien vienedos ... 欢迎

...i hear ya on the ground coffee being high in the N. this plant needs it, though...needs a little of everything, actually. LOL :eek:

cXsd
attachment.php

illustrated chart of leaf deficiencies:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=174969&stc=1&d=1314730525

hamster...i know, i know. i'm just sooooo broke right now, ramen noodles are starting to taste bad. she's got what she has in the soil (mg-"organic") and the coffee grounds, and that's all she's gonna get. wish i could've even afforded a 5gal pot for her and the big pres, but couldn't even spare the $5-$7 for that right now :(

for the winter, you'll see what i'm capable of given the right equipment and nute regimen. i'm gonna blow your minds!* (*disclaimer: hopefully! :D)

for now, as an old irish-man said to me once in a boston-accent "it is what it is"

peace,

mr_chow

DSC_0098a.JPG

leavedeficiencies.jpg

it rained pretty hard for about 5mins yesterday around 5pm, so no water for the girls today...they're getting a little lite, but i still feel moisture a few inches from the top of the pot. ...will check tomorrow and see if they need some.

i like to let the soil dry out a bit between waters. ...keeps o2 going to the roots and the gnats away. i usually just dunk my pointer-finger down into the soil halfway between the plant and the side of the pot. when i can't feel moisture on the tip of my finger, that's when i water. i alternate watering between watering in the middle and watering the edges of the pots. i think if you water too much in the middle by the stem you'll get a less vibrant root structure b/c the roots never have to go "searchin" for the water. ...i've had a couple of grows where, during flower, i didn't even water my soil plants from the top when i had my soi-dro setup. i had a pvc-pipe sticking down into some hydroton rocks w/ a capillary mat covering it w/ a 1:1 soil/perlite mixture on top. ...you should have seen the root mass! :eek:

i'll try to click some pics today...they've fattened up since the pics i've posted last. ...if not today, tomorrow when i water.

peace,

mr_chow

its a little too late to feed em N chow :)

mojo for u.... hope u harvest soon!

OGKushman said:
its a little too late to feed em N chow :)

mojo for u.... hope u harvest soon!

thanks for the mojo...

yeah, most are okay, but the cXsd is needing it bad...

- Nitrogen Deficiencies
Plants will exhibit lack of vigor, slow growth and will be weak and stunted. Quality and yield will be significantly reduced. Older leaves become yellow (chlorotic) from lack of chlorophyll. Deficient plants will exhibit uniform light green to yellow on older leaves, these leaves may die and drop. Leaf margins will not curled up noticeably. Chlorosis will eventually spread throughout the plant. Stems, petioles and lower leaf
surfaces may turn purple.

hXXp://www.amsterdammarijuanaseedba...eshootingsolutions/marijuana-plant-abuse.html

...before i started w/ the coffee, all the leaves and some stems on the CxSD were in some state of chlorosis. i'm not giving it to all of the plants, well not much, the cXsd has been getting most.

i should've caught it sooner, during the veg stage, yes, but i have to say, though, even though N is "bad" during flower, if it needs it, it needs it. i rather have a little harsher flavor bud b/c of the residual N than have it plop over or shrivel up on me. ...most "budding" nutes have some N in them nowadays anyway.N is really used by the plant for leaf and stem growth...so other than the harsher taste, that's why many peeps cut back on it during flower. the plant still synthesizes it, just not at the rate it used to during flower, and most of the time there's enough residual N in your plant/medium to take care of its needs.

after this week, though, i will not use any more coffee grounds. that'll give me 3-4+ more weeks to let that work through the plants.

pics on my d60 later today!

peace,

mr_chow

i couldn't wait...they were just to pretty when i went out there.

juliet
DSC_0106.JPG

juliet bud
DSC_0107.JPG

juliet bud
DSC_0109.JPG

pres (plant 2)
DSC_0110.JPG

pres bud
DSC_0111.JPG

cXsd
DSC_0112.JPG

cXsd bud, notice nice green new-growth!
DSC_0113.JPG

WOW Chow -- I'm totally impressed. You are surely a grower of renouned Respect and knowledge. I will learn from you. Thank you.

HemperFi said:
WOW Chow -- I'm totally impressed. You are surely a grower of renouned Respect and knowledge. I will learn from you. Thank you.

too kind...

...i messed up alot on this grow. ...it was my first outdoor, and had some issues with animals, choice of pot size, heat, soil compaction from moving so much, and nutes. i just kinda ran out of money after starting them. ...food and utility bills just took precedence. if i had my druthers i would've gotten at least a 5 or 10gal pot to transfer all of them into, along with some nutes. ... it is what it is though.

in the 10years that i've studied and grown marijuana, i never had this many problems as i've had this grow. so...

...thanks! :eek:

my next grow will be totally differrent...bringing it back indoors since moving to this wonderful mmj state i'm currently living in. going to have at least one tent, maybe two. ...and i'm going hempy-hydro for the first time. i may throw in a twist or two into the method.

back to the rice garden...

...all of the plants seem to be doing fine with water. ...juliet seems to be getting a little more yellow in the leaves. i'm going to water them all again in a day or two and this will be the last time to use the used coffee grounds.

looking at the calendar and the plants, i'm making an executive decision. ...all of them will come down on oct. 15th. ...unless something about one or more tell me otherwise. first year i was here it snowed on the 19th of october, so i definitely don't want to go too long into october.

here's a pic of all the ladies catchin' some rays
IMAG0688.jpg

and for the bonus pic of the day...here's some c99 nugs that my neighbor grew...they're the size of corn cobs!

IMAG0686.jpg

peace,

mr_chow

FLOWER: day 33

all girls got their last dose of used coffee grounds and water, today...cXsd getting most of the juice. ...she looks significantly better since i started this treatment :eek:

6 more weeks of flower should let most of that N run its course. i'm not adding anything else to them but plain tap water. we'll see where that takes me.

on a positive note...temps are cooling, high today is in the 80's instead of 90's like the last couple of weeks! ...my roots have been beaten up by heat all summer :(

pics later...

peace,

mr_chow

cXsd getting her green back...too bad i didn't catch the chlorosis earlier
DSC_0115.JPG

pres (chomped) ... she's gotten a little too much N from the coffee, but no harm yet
DSC_0120.JPG

pres (plant2) looking yummy
DSC_0118.JPG

juliet throwing out the trichs
DSC_0121.JPG

cXsd top cola
DSC_0124.JPG

peace,

mr_chow

Your hangin in there Chow --they look like they are coming back nicely -- good luck

a little bit of molasses would help immensely.

Latest posts

Back