mushrooms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw2012

The end is near!
Reaction score
anyone grow any good shrooms out there? been doing a lot of reading and thinking about trying it...anyone have any comments or knowledge about that topic? thanks a ton

This forum is about marijuana and only marijuana. Sorry:(

4. The discussion of illegal drugs other than Marijuana is not allowed in any form whatever. This site is for the discussion of Marijuana. Other sites are available for other topics. If you wish to discuss other drugs, then please do so at another site

i'm sure there are forums out there on the net just like mp but for the topic your lookin for. i'm sure your questions would be more than welcome there as i believe it is against forum rules to discuss this matter. you may wish to refer to the rule yourself tho...

hmmmm.. "good mushrooms..:rolleyes: Do ppl "grow" morels and chantrels??
.........:hubba:

Hey Hick it is almost Morel time in MT come on out...God those things are good ...Thinking last year I OD on them Morels in darn near everything I cooked as there was a bumper crop

James

ftw2012 said:
i guess i should have been a little more clear...i was talking about morels or some of the other edible kinds

My deepest apologies if that was the type shrooms you were asking about.

Being that you were on a marijuana site using the slang term for those psychedelic mushrooms, I just assumed that, that was what you were referring to. I guess we all know about assuming.:rofl::bolt::bong2:

no no after i read my post again after i had gotten my response i realized that i probably would have interperted it the same way...and since its just the end of morel season where im at im just use to talking about mushrooms without people thinking i mean the trippy kind!

Hick said:
hmmmm.. "good mushrooms..:rolleyes: Do ppl "grow" morels and chantrels??
.........:hubba:

I do. oysters, chantrel, shittake, and morel. i eat them, but i know a few chefs that buy some of my mushrooms.

Ok, someone take me to class. What I know about mushrooms would fit into a much smaller bag than the one I buy them in.

I love mushrooms.

How hard is it to grow them? I mean, in a regular house, how hard would it be to grow enough of maybe 3 or 4 kinds to keep me supplied year round with fresh or even dried mushrooms?

I've never knew anyone who grew them. Only one person who tried, lost interest and quit before the first crop.

ive sold morels in past for $25/#. if you collect plz b sure to use an onion sack to haul. load it then in same area you collected shake sack to disperse spores back to ground so they come back. also here is a place ive ordered kits from in past, gmushrooms.org, dont really know how prices compare.

Mushroom growing requires little space and time. As they say "Patience is a virtue". You need something to grow the mushroom on/in, most mushroom grow in the dirt or as they call it, topsoil or potting soil.:)

Criminis, baby portabellas! Them and the regular white buttons and chantrells, make a damn fine saute`!

Chef, if you like portabellas, you really should consider wild foraging (with an expert, of course;) ) Seriously bro, the genus Agaricus has much finer examples available out and about then you can ever find in a store. I have found Agaricus Augustus on the west coast that would swamp 2 dinner plates in the most pathetic and obscene manor. Every year I find ones particular to my area that put store bought mushrooms to shame like A. subrutilescens, A. albolutescens and even A. campestris, to name a few. And that is merely one genus. Even easier to find and deal with is Boletus, known more commonly as porcini. Pretty common almost anywhere in forests of the US and Canada, as I have heard. By weight, that is the most abundant mushroom I pick during any given year. Also, if you live near any tan oak (I live near very large tan oak belts) White Matsutaki are very abundant. By weight, probably the second most that I pick. These used to be worth a lot of money. A lot. Like at one time selling for as much as $25 a button. They're not worth anything close to that these days (youtube it, it's kind of interesting..) but still good for taking to sushi restaurants and trading for free sushi.;)

All I can say is y'all never had mushrooms until you have tried the giant taste of the tiny Marasmius oreades, or fairyring. Very difficult to find where I live.

Whoa! Thanks a heap fer the info! Wild fungi hunting has always interested me. the dying real fast part doesn't appeal to me but i used to eat Fugu` so this will be interesting to do further research on...A Very big Gracias!

Latest posts

Back